    advantage in using this combination? Or should I just opt for the latest
    Mozilla? Thanks.

    , Jul 5, 2003

  2. Hellmark Guest

    's last words before the Sword of Azrial
    plunged through his body were:
    > I've been using Firebird, but now wish to add Thunderbird. Is there any
    > advantage in using this combination? Or should I just opt for the latest
    > Mozilla? Thanks.

    i use Tbird and Firebird, and I like them alot better than standard
    Mozilla. It is more customizable, and has a bit better interface thats
    more to my liking.

    --
    Hellmark
    -If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit!

    Hellmark, Jul 5, 2003

  3. Bill Bolle Guest

    wrote:
    > I've been using Firebird, but now wish to add Thunderbird. Is there any
    > advantage in using this combination? Or should I just opt for the latest
    > Mozilla? Thanks.

    I don't see any particular advantage except, from what I hear, Mozilla
    is a developmental platform and that eventually the survivor will be
    Firebird/Thunderbird. Mozilla still has a composer in its suite so if
    you like to make your own web pages it's handy. Also, since Mozilla
    is a suite, when you open it up the mail function also opens, with
    Firebird/Thunderbird I have to open both separately. There are other
    bells and whistles in Mozilla that aren't in the other two which may
    or may not be needed by you. Both Mozilla and FBird/TBird will work
    side by side in your computer so why not try both and see what suits
    your fancy. I use both.

    Bill

    Bill Bolle, Jul 5, 2003
  4. Guest

    > ...so why not try both and see what suits your fancy. I use both.

    Makes sense. Will do. I was worried there would be "preferences" clashes.
    Cheers, A

    , Jul 6, 2003
  5. Brian Fairey Guest

    Bill I.m always afraid when I do this I will lose my message folders and
    address book.
    Brian.

    Brian Fairey, Jul 6, 2003
  6. Bill Bolle Guest

    Brian Fairey wrote:
    > Bill I.m always afraid when I do this I will lose my message folders and
    > address book.
    > Brian.
    >
    > Bill Bolle wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I've been using Firebird, but now wish to add Thunderbird. Is there
    >>> any advantage in using this combination? Or should I just opt for the
    >>> latest Mozilla? Thanks.

    >> I don't see any particular advantage except, from what I hear, Mozilla
    >> is a developmental platform and that eventually the survivor will be
    >> Firebird/Thunderbird. Mozilla still has a composer in its suite so if
    >> you like to make your own web pages it's handy. Also, since Mozilla
    >> is a suite, when you open it up the mail function also opens, with
    >> Firebird/Thunderbird I have to open both separately. There are other
    >> bells and whistles in Mozilla that aren't in the other two which may
    >> or may not be needed by you. Both Mozilla and FBird/TBird will work
    >> side by side in your computer so why not try both and see what suits
    >> your fancy. I use both.
    >>
    >> Bill

    Brian
    I had no problem with the address book other than to have to do an
    "export"/"import" from Moz to TBird. That information will be
    automatically installed in separate folders in "Windows\Application
    Data" folder in "Windows". It's all painless and non-destructive.

    Bill

    Bill Bolle, Jul 6, 2003
  7. Jay Guest

    Hellmark wrote:

    > 's last words before the Sword of Azrial
    > plunged through his body were:
    >
    >> I've been using Firebird, but now wish to add Thunderbird. Is there
    >> any advantage in using this combination? Or should I just opt for the
    >> latest Mozilla? Thanks.

    > i use Tbird and Firebird, and I like them alot better than standard
    > Mozilla. It is more customizable, and has a bit better interface thats
    > more to my liking.

    I use "send page" and "send link" often but cannot find that function in
    Firebird. Is it there somewhere that I do not see?.

    Jay, Jul 21, 2003