    cameras are usually one of the three and hundreds of variations on the
    birds,cats,kids themes. Interestingly enough the higher the initial
    investment by the amateur the worse the pictures, why?

    John Llort, May 13, 2004

  2. John Llort

    Savidge4 Guest

    >It seems the majority of pictures taken with semi-pro and pro digital SLR
    >cameras are usually one of the three and hundreds of variations on the
    >birds,cats,kids themes. Interestingly enough the higher the initial
    >investment by the amateur the worse the pictures, why?

    You forgot flowers!

    Savidge4, May 13, 2004

  3. John Llort

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: "John Llort"

    >It seems the majority of pictures taken with semi-pro and pro digital SLR
    >cameras are usually one of the three and hundreds of variations on the
    >birds,cats,kids themes.

    That certainly isn't true for Pro DSLRs.
    I'd say sports dominates that area, followed by nature photographers.
    Landscape and architecture photogs usually gravitate towards the larger
    formats.

    As for semi-pros or advanced amateurs, what would expect they take pics of?

    The irony is that most people probably take most of their pics when they
    travel, but most people like to travel light so they end up using smaller
    cammys.

    Annika1980, May 14, 2004
  4. John Llort

    Skip M Guest

    While I admit I have photographed birds, I have never photographed a cat,
    and kids are incidental to what I shoot, if one is in the shot, it's
    accidental, and liable to be edited. Flowers, I photograph all the time,
    they present a challenge to get the lighting, composition, form and color
    right.
    Now, as far as p&s photos go, I'd agree with Mister Troll, er, Llort.

    --
    Skip Middleton
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

    Skip M, May 14, 2004
  5. "John Llort" <> wrote in message
    > It seems the majority of pictures taken with semi-pro and pro digital

    SLR
    > cameras are usually one of the three and hundreds of variations on the
    > birds,cats,kids themes. Interestingly enough the higher the initial
    > investment by the amateur the worse the pictures, why?

    If your proposition is true, then its probably because people think that a
    more expensive camera must produce better pictures!

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, May 14, 2004
  6. John Llort

    stewy Guest

    "John Llort" <> wrote in message
    > It seems the majority of pictures taken with semi-pro and pro digital SLR
    > cameras are usually one of the three and hundreds of variations on the
    > birds,cats,kids themes. Interestingly enough the higher the initial
    > investment by the amateur the worse the pictures, why?

    You missed sunsets, infrared, panoramas and torture victims.

    stewy, May 15, 2004