    Thanks,

    Brian

    PS I tried the homebuilt group but not much response
    Brian, Jun 4, 2007

  2. Brian

    meerkat Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Maybe you harware experts can help?
    > I am trying to put together from parts a biostar MB and AMD 3400. I cant
    > get any beeps or post trying it with the ram I have now which is DDR
    > PC266.
    > Will that keep the board from posting? Also when I take the ram out then
    > get beeps from the speaker. When the ram is seated nothing. Please help
    > this rookie builder.

    Go to www.crucial.com.
    Enter the make/model of your motherboard, and see
    what RAM it`s supposed to have.
    Make sure your RAM matches that.
    meerkat, Jun 4, 2007

  3. Brian

    BMcA Guest

    Your board supports your memory.

    Main Memory Supports up to 2 DDR devices. Supports 200/266/333/400 MHz DDR
    devices.

    DIMM1
    128MB/256MB/512MB/1GB *1

    DIMM2
    128MB/256MB/512MB/1GB *1
    Max is 2 GB.

    Either the memory is faulty or you are not seating it properly. Press it
    firmly into the slot and make sure the clip at each end comes up to hold it
    in place.
    BMcA, Jun 4, 2007
  4. Brian

    Brian Guest

    Could it be that the it is the mobile CPU AMD 3400 that does not wok with
    this MB? The guy I bought it from on Ebay assured me it would!

    Thanks,
    Brian

    Brian, Jun 5, 2007
  5. Brian

    meerkat Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > Could it be that the it is the mobile CPU AMD 3400 that does not wok with
    > this MB? The guy I bought it from on Ebay assured me it would!
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Brian

    one review I`ve just read says...
    CPU AMD 3400.
    RAM = DDR 400 Single Channel.

    Mobile CPUs are normally only more efficient on power.

    As I said before check with www.crucial.com
    and see what RAM is recommended.
    meerkat, Jun 5, 2007
  6. Brian

    Brian Guest

    Thanks for the reply. I guess what I am trying to be sure of before I go
    purchase some more DDR that the ram is the problem.

    Thanks

    Brian

    Brian, Jun 5, 2007
  7. Brian

    Plato Guest

    Brian wrote:

    > I am trying to put together from parts a biostar MB and AMD 3400. I cant
    > get any beeps or post trying it with the ram I have now which is DDR PC266.
    > Will that keep the board from posting? Also when I take the ram out then I
    > get beeps from the speaker. When the ram is seated nothing. Please help
    > this rookie builder.

    Well, if you are getting beeps than at least the CPU and speaker and
    mobo are working. Chances are you have the wrong ram installed.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jun 7, 2007
  8. Brian