Bios

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Shane, May 24, 2005.

  1. Shane

    Shane Guest

    Im looking to update the bios on an old machine (last bios revision 1996)
    damn thing had a 1 gig drive which has been put on firewall duties, but
    wont install a 500 MB drive (thats heading towards HTTP duties)
    Google sent me to a site, but all the links were dead
    (ftp.pc.ibm.com)
    so I'm stuck
    IBM PC Server 310
    (Pentium 133 <G>)
    oh version..
    S3 864/868 IBM pc
    Version 2.02-04
    Revision Level 05A
    Machine Type/Model 86390D0
    Flash EEPROM Revision Level MHKT05AUS
    System Board Identifier J11U6601792
    Syestem Serial Number 90A12WK
    BIOS DATE 02/27/96

    TIA

    Shane, May 24, 2005

  2. Shane

    Bret Guest

    Bret, May 24, 2005

  3. Shane

    Shane Guest

    On Tue, 24 May 2005 11:22:09 +1200, Bret wrote:

    > On Tue, 24 May 2005 11:01:20 +1200, Shane <-a-geek.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>IBM PC Server 310

    > ftp://ftp.pc.ibm.com/pub/pccbbs/pc_servers/bios310e.exe

    The connection was refused when attempting to connect to ftp.pc.ibm.com

    > ftp://ftp.pc.ibm.com/pub/pccbbs/pc_servers/bios09n.exe

    The connection was refused when attempting to connect to ftp.pc.ibm.com

    and yeah those were the dead links I mentioned in the post ;-)

    Shane, May 24, 2005
  4. Shane

    Shane Guest

    On Tue, 24 May 2005 11:24:36 +1200, Shane wrote:

    > On Tue, 24 May 2005 11:22:09 +1200, Bret wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 24 May 2005 11:01:20 +1200, Shane <-a-geek.net>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>IBM PC Server 310

    >> ftp://ftp.pc.ibm.com/pub/pccbbs/pc_servers/bios310e.exe
    >>

    > The connection was refused when attempting to connect to ftp.pc.ibm.com
    >
    >> ftp://ftp.pc.ibm.com/pub/pccbbs/pc_servers/bios09n.exe

    > The connection was refused when attempting to connect to ftp.pc.ibm.com
    >
    > and yeah those were the dead links I mentioned in the post ;-)

    oops.. my ip's been the holdback
    via proxy I can get to ibms ftp server
    (1000 apologies)

    Shane, May 24, 2005
  5. Shane

    Bret Guest

    Bret, May 24, 2005
  6. Shane

    Shane Guest

    > Sorry, did not check the links :(
    > This one might be of some use.
    > http://www.koott1.piwko.pl/nowe/bios310.zip

    heh... check this out
    unzipped that package contains 6 files
    BIOSLOGO.SCX
    BIOS310.EXE
    Cybernet.reg
    FILE_ID.11A
    FILE_ID.DIZ
    -info-.url

    Opening them with kwrite gives thi.
    ####
    FILE_ID.11A:
    These files were downloaded from the Eleventh Alliance site
    http://home1.swipnet.se/~w-12707/11A/
    http://11a.home.ml.org

    ####
    FILE_ID.DIZ:
    - Eleventh Alliance's !Bios v 3.10b -
    [==[*]=={ 11a.home.ml.org }==[*]==]
    %-> released february -98 <-%
    [===] The Ultimate Bios Utility [===]

    -> Bios/Setup Passwords crackers
    -> AMI crackers (three of them)
    -> IBM (PS2, Aptiva etc) cracker
    -> Award 4.5x cracker (user/admin)
    +> Award 4.5x masterpwd cracker
    -> Four CMOS wipe/reset procedures
    -> Save or Restore CMOS
    +> Dump PC-ROM to disk
    -> Source: ASM, C, PAS, Debug
    -> How to wipe/reset using Copy
    -> How to wipe/reset using Debug
    -> Tips, tricks and passwords!

    ####
    -info-.url:
    [DEFAULT]
    BASEURL=http://www.cyber.net.prv.pl/

    [DOC#9#10]
    BASEURL=http://www.cybernetbymag.republika.pl/
    ORIGURL=http://www.cybernetbymag.republika.pl/

    [InternetShortcut]
    URL=http://www.cyber.net.prv.pl/
    Modified=402A0D121655C301B8

    #####
    Cybernet.reg:
    REGEDIT4

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
    "Start Page" = "http://www.cyber.net.prv.pl"

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Netscape\Netscape Navigator\Main]
    "Home Page"="http://www.cyber.net.prv.pl"
    "Autoload Home Page"="yes"

    hehe
    dodgy
    thanks though:)

    Shane, May 24, 2005
  7. Shane

    Bret Guest

    On Tue, 24 May 2005 11:48:43 +1200, Shane <-a-geek.net>
    wrote:

    >> Sorry, did not check the links :(
    >> This one might be of some use.
    >> http://www.koott1.piwko.pl/nowe/bios310.zip

    >heh... check this out
    >unzipped that package contains 6 files
    >BIOSLOGO.SCX
    >BIOS310.EXE
    >Cybernet.reg
    >FILE_ID.11A
    >FILE_ID.DIZ
    >-info-.url
    >
    >Opening them with kwrite gives thi.
    >####
    >FILE_ID.11A:
    >These files were downloaded from the Eleventh Alliance site
    >http://home1.swipnet.se/~w-12707/11A/
    >http://11a.home.ml.org
    >
    >####
    >FILE_ID.DIZ:
    >- Eleventh Alliance's !Bios v 3.10b -
    >[==[*]=={ 11a.home.ml.org }==[*]==]
    >%-> released february -98 <-%
    >[===] The Ultimate Bios Utility [===]
    >
    >-> Bios/Setup Passwords crackers
    >-> AMI crackers (three of them)
    >-> IBM (PS2, Aptiva etc) cracker
    >-> Award 4.5x cracker (user/admin)
    >+> Award 4.5x masterpwd cracker
    >-> Four CMOS wipe/reset procedures
    >-> Save or Restore CMOS
    >+> Dump PC-ROM to disk
    >-> Source: ASM, C, PAS, Debug
    >-> How to wipe/reset using Copy
    >-> How to wipe/reset using Debug
    >-> Tips, tricks and passwords!
    >
    >####
    >-info-.url:
    >[DEFAULT]
    >BASEURL=http://www.cyber.net.prv.pl/
    >
    >[DOC#9#10]
    >BASEURL=http://www.cybernetbymag.republika.pl/
    >ORIGURL=http://www.cybernetbymag.republika.pl/
    >
    >[InternetShortcut]
    >URL=http://www.cyber.net.prv.pl/
    >Modified=402A0D121655C301B8
    >

    >#####
    >Cybernet.reg:
    >REGEDIT4
    >
    >[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
    >"Start Page" = "http://www.cyber.net.prv.pl"
    >
    >[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Netscape\Netscape Navigator\Main]
    >"Home Page"="http://www.cyber.net.prv.pl"
    >"Autoload Home Page"="yes"
    >

    >hehe
    >dodgy
    >thanks though:)

    I should have warned you, but I thought it a bit dodgy, you are a big
    boy and came to no harm.
    You dont run Windows do you?

    Bret, May 24, 2005
  8. Shane

    Bret Guest

    On Tue, 24 May 2005 12:46:20 +1200, Bret <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 24 May 2005 11:48:43 +1200, Shane <-a-geek.net>
    >wrote:
    >

    >>> Sorry, did not check the links :(
    >>> This one might be of some use.
    >>> http://www.koott1.piwko.pl/nowe/bios310.zip

    >>heh... check this out
    >>unzipped that package contains 6 files
    >>BIOSLOGO.SCX
    >>BIOS310.EXE
    >>Cybernet.reg
    >>FILE_ID.11A
    >>FILE_ID.DIZ
    >>-info-.url
    >>
    >>Opening them with kwrite gives thi.
    >>####
    >>FILE_ID.11A:
    >>These files were downloaded from the Eleventh Alliance site
    >>http://home1.swipnet.se/~w-12707/11A/
    >>http://11a.home.ml.org
    >>
    >>####
    >>FILE_ID.DIZ:
    >>- Eleventh Alliance's !Bios v 3.10b -
    >>[==[*]=={ 11a.home.ml.org }==[*]==]
    >>%-> released february -98 <-%
    >>[===] The Ultimate Bios Utility [===]
    >>
    >>-> Bios/Setup Passwords crackers
    >>-> AMI crackers (three of them)
    >>-> IBM (PS2, Aptiva etc) cracker
    >>-> Award 4.5x cracker (user/admin)
    >>+> Award 4.5x masterpwd cracker
    >>-> Four CMOS wipe/reset procedures
    >>-> Save or Restore CMOS
    >>+> Dump PC-ROM to disk
    >>-> Source: ASM, C, PAS, Debug
    >>-> How to wipe/reset using Copy
    >>-> How to wipe/reset using Debug
    >>-> Tips, tricks and passwords!
    >>
    >>####
    >>-info-.url:
    >>[DEFAULT]
    >>BASEURL=http://www.cyber.net.prv.pl/
    >>
    >>[DOC#9#10]
    >>BASEURL=http://www.cybernetbymag.republika.pl/
    >>ORIGURL=http://www.cybernetbymag.republika.pl/
    >>
    >>[InternetShortcut]
    >>URL=http://www.cyber.net.prv.pl/
    >>Modified=402A0D121655C301B8
    >>

    >>#####
    >>Cybernet.reg:
    >>REGEDIT4
    >>
    >>[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
    >>"Start Page" = "http://www.cyber.net.prv.pl"
    >>
    >>[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Netscape\Netscape Navigator\Main]
    >>"Home Page"="http://www.cyber.net.prv.pl"
    >>"Autoload Home Page"="yes"
    >>

    >>hehe
    >>dodgy
    >>thanks though:)

    >I should have warned you, but I thought it a bit dodgy, you are a big
    >boy and came to no harm.
    >You dont run Windows do you?

    That's not really a question :)

    Bret, May 24, 2005
  9. Shane

    Shane Guest

    >>hehe
    >>dodgy
    >>thanks though:)

    > I should have warned you, but I thought it a bit dodgy, you are a big
    > boy and came to no harm.
    > You dont run Windows do you?

    hehe no harm done, was just showing you what was in the zip file
    and having a chuckle (it seems like old time troublemaking)
    Im not sure, but I think I will have to run this util on windows (or an
    emulator), its an .exe after all
    ps. I managed to surf the ibm site, via proxy, and the pccbbs folder is
    empty
    (gosh darn not supporting hardware from 9 years ago)

    Shane, May 24, 2005
  10. Shane

    Bret Guest

    On Tue, 24 May 2005 12:52:29 +1200, Shane <-a-geek.net>
    wrote:

    >>>hehe
    >>>dodgy
    >>>thanks though:)

    >> I should have warned you, but I thought it a bit dodgy, you are a big
    >> boy and came to no harm.
    >> You dont run Windows do you?

    >hehe no harm done, was just showing you what was in the zip file
    >and having a chuckle (it seems like old time troublemaking)
    >Im not sure, but I think I will have to run this util on windows (or an
    >emulator), its an .exe after all
    >ps. I managed to surf the ibm site, via proxy, and the pccbbs folder is
    >empty
    >(gosh darn not supporting hardware from 9 years ago)

    Bastards :)

    Bret, May 24, 2005
  11. Shane

    Don Hills Guest

    In article <-a-geek.net>,
    Shane <-a-geek.net> wrote:
    >ps. I managed to surf the ibm site, via proxy, and the pccbbs folder is
    >empty
    >(gosh darn not supporting hardware from 9 years ago)

    Yes, IBM are gradually "disappearing" the old support info.
    The contents are still there, just hidden (read permissions turned off?)
    You can get the files if you know what their names are (Catch-22).
    A couple of people have set up mirrors of the content as it was last time
    it was visible. Check the comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware newsgroup for details
    and ongoing status of the preserving of IBM's old info.

    preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"
    -- Microsoft advertisement on the box for Windows 2.11 for 286

    Don Hills, May 24, 2005