    would prefer to get this fixed first though.

    Any ideas?

    thanks
    Deano, Aug 19, 2007

  2. Deano

    SgtMinor Guest

    Deano wrote:

    > My friends pc has been experiencing this message for some time. We can
    > correct it, temporarily, once we set the bus to 133Mhz and save settings.
    > Once the pc is fully powered down the message returns.
    >
    > I have cleared the BIOS settings by removing the motherboard jumper and he
    > has fitted two new CMOS batteries with no effect.
    >
    > Kind of at a loss right now. I have suggested, jokingly, that it's time to
    > upgrade (I built this PC back in 2003) and he seems inclined to do this. I
    > would prefer to get this fixed first though.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > thanks

    Try resetting the CMOS by pulling the battery. And then insert a new one.
    SgtMinor, Aug 19, 2007

  3. Deano

    Flyer Guest

    "SgtMinor" <> wrote in message
    > Deano wrote:
    >
    >> My friends pc has been experiencing this message for some time. We can
    >> correct it, temporarily, once we set the bus to 133Mhz and save settings.
    >> Once the pc is fully powered down the message returns.
    >>
    >> I have cleared the BIOS settings by removing the motherboard jumper and
    >> he
    >> has fitted two new CMOS batteries with no effect.
    >>
    >> Kind of at a loss right now. I have suggested, jokingly, that it's time
    >> upgrade (I built this PC back in 2003) and he seems inclined to do this.
    >> would prefer to get this fixed first though.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >>
    >> thanks
    >>

    > Try resetting the CMOS by pulling the battery. And then insert a new one.

    Which part of "he has fitted two new CMOS batteries with no effect." did
    you miss?
    Flyer, Aug 20, 2007
  4. Deano

    SgtMinor Guest

    Flyer wrote:

    > "SgtMinor" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Deano wrote:
    >>

    >>>My friends pc has been experiencing this message for some time. We can
    >>>correct it, temporarily, once we set the bus to 133Mhz and save settings.
    >>>Once the pc is fully powered down the message returns.
    >>>
    >>>I have cleared the BIOS settings by removing the motherboard jumper and
    >>>he
    >>>has fitted two new CMOS batteries with no effect.
    >>>
    >>>Kind of at a loss right now. I have suggested, jokingly, that it's time
    >>>upgrade (I built this PC back in 2003) and he seems inclined to do this.
    >>>would prefer to get this fixed first though.
    >>>
    >>>Any ideas?
    >>>
    >>>thanks
    >>>

    >>Try resetting the CMOS by pulling the battery. And then insert a new one.

    > Which part of "he has fitted two new CMOS batteries with no effect." did
    > you miss?

    Um..., all of it. No, wait, I meant "third try is the charm."
    SgtMinor, Aug 20, 2007
  5. Deano

    Deano Guest

    "SgtMinor" <> wrote in message
    > Flyer wrote:
    > >
    > > Which part of "he has fitted two new CMOS batteries with no effect."

    did
    > > you miss?
    > >

    > Um..., all of it. No, wait, I meant "third try is the charm."

    I'm hoping I've missed something as well :)
    Deano, Aug 20, 2007
  6. Deano

    Ghostrider Guest

    Deano wrote:

    > My friends pc has been experiencing this message for some time. We can
    > correct it, temporarily, once we set the bus to 133Mhz and save settings.
    > Once the pc is fully powered down the message returns.
    >
    > I have cleared the BIOS settings by removing the motherboard jumper and he
    > has fitted two new CMOS batteries with no effect.
    >
    > Kind of at a loss right now. I have suggested, jokingly, that it's time to
    > upgrade (I built this PC back in 2003) and he seems inclined to do this. I
    > would prefer to get this fixed first though.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > thanks

    Among the reasons for the FSB to slip out of 133 MHz is that for bad or
    faulty memory. Just what are the normal settings for this computer, i.e.,
    the proper FSB for the CPU? What is the installed RAM and the CPU itself?
    Ghostrider, Aug 20, 2007
  7. Deano

    Deano Guest

    "Ghostrider" <-00-@fitron.142> wrote in message

    > Deano wrote:
    >
    > > My friends pc has been experiencing this message for some time. We can
    > > correct it, temporarily, once we set the bus to 133Mhz and save

    settings.
    > > Once the pc is fully powered down the message returns.
    > >
    > > I have cleared the BIOS settings by removing the motherboard jumper and

    he
    > > has fitted two new CMOS batteries with no effect.
    > >
    > > Kind of at a loss right now. I have suggested, jokingly, that it's time

    > > upgrade (I built this PC back in 2003) and he seems inclined to do

    this. I
    > > would prefer to get this fixed first though.
    > >
    > > Any ideas?
    > >
    > > thanks
    > >

    > Among the reasons for the FSB to slip out of 133 MHz is that for bad or
    > faulty memory. Just what are the normal settings for this computer, i.e.,
    > the proper FSB for the CPU? What is the installed RAM and the CPU itself?

    It should be 133MHz iirc.

    RAM is Crucial 256 DDR333 PC2700 CL 2.5 DIMM
    CPU is AMD ATHLON XP2600+ 333MHZ FSB 256Cache - Thoroughbred CPU - OEM
    Motherboard is A7N8X Deluxe SKT A NForce2 Chipset Motherboard VER: 2.0
    Deano, Aug 20, 2007