    bios ended?

    Thanks
    , Apr 2, 2008

  2. why? Guest

    On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 22:46:48 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

    Maybe?

    >Hi, I have an old Compaq presario 1692 desktop. It has a phoenix bios
    >4.0 release 6.0 , is what it says it is reported as being. The BIOS
    >seems buggy at times. Can anybody tell me if there is a newer version

    If you can figure out the BIOS is at fault, you then can't find an
    upgrade.

    >than this to upgrade.
    >
    >I've looked but many of the sites are nothing but an annoying

    Including this?
    http://h10061.www1.hp.com/ccsearch/...nder&qry=bios&Submit.x=7&Submit.y=6&Submit=go
    or shorter
    http://preview.tinyurl.com/2d7m3g

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00026926&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=95231
    HP Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS or ROM for Notebooks Running
    Windows XP
    Step 2: Check the HP Drivers and Downloads page for BIOS or ROM updates

    1.
    Go to the HP Drivers and Downloads page , and search for your
    series and model notebook.
    2.
    Select the operating system from the list that you are using. If a
    BIOS update is available, the update will be listed under the heading
    ROMPaqs/BIOS and Firmware .
    3.
    If you do not see a BIOS update, stop here; the notebook does not
    require a BIOS update at this time.

    From Setp 2 there aren't any listed.

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...9265&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=95231&lang=en
    BIOS / CPU
    Compaq Presario 1692 Notebook PC

    >runaround waste of time. Does anybody know what update version of this
    >bios ended?
    >
    >Thanks

    Me
    why?, Apr 2, 2008

  3. Guest

    why? wrote:
    > On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 22:46:48 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
    >
    > Maybe?
    >
    > >Hi, I have an old Compaq presario 1692 desktop. It has a phoenix bios
    > >4.0 release 6.0 , is what it says it is reported as being. The BIOS
    > >seems buggy at times. Can anybody tell me if there is a newer version

    > If you can figure out the BIOS is at fault, you then can't find an
    > upgrade.
    >
    > >than this to upgrade.
    > >
    > >I've looked but many of the sites are nothing but an annoying

    > Including this?
    > http://h10061.www1.hp.com/ccsearch/...nder&qry=bios&Submit.x=7&Submit.y=6&Submit=go
    > or shorter
    > http://preview.tinyurl.com/2d7m3g
    >
    > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00026926&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=95231
    > HP Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS or ROM for Notebooks Running
    > Windows XP
    > Step 2: Check the HP Drivers and Downloads page for BIOS or ROM updates
    >
    > 1.
    > Go to the HP Drivers and Downloads page , and search for your
    > series and model notebook.
    > 2.
    > Select the operating system from the list that you are using. If a
    > BIOS update is available, the update will be listed under the heading
    > ROMPaqs/BIOS and Firmware .
    > 3.
    > If you do not see a BIOS update, stop here; the notebook does not
    > require a BIOS update at this time.
    >

    > From Setp 2 there aren't any listed.
    >

    > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...9265&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=95231&lang=en
    > BIOS / CPU
    > Compaq Presario 1692 Notebook PC
    >

    > >runaround waste of time. Does anybody know what update version of this
    > >bios ended?
    > >
    > >Thanks

    > Me

    Thanks, no update, the problem is minimal, as the boot order sometimes
    doesn't work in the right order, but I'll leave it alone so I don't
    accidentally make it unworkable.
    , Apr 3, 2008