    Video: 2 x EVGA GeForce 8800GTS SLI mode
    HDD: 2 x WD Raptors 76GB in raid config
    OS: Windows Vista Premium 64 bit OEM

    Davros, Dec 25, 2007

  2. Davros

    Bo Persson Guest

    Davros wrote:
    :: Hi. I just flashed my BIOS to the latest version and now my Vista
    :: 64 bit claims there has been a hardware change and I need to
    :: reactivate vista... when I click on äctivate over the internet"it
    :: says my key is already in use.. This is the only computer that
    :: this Vista is installed on and I'm not to happy that this has
    :: happened... what should I do? is this going to happen every time I
    :: flash my BIOS?
    ::
    :: System specs:
    :: Motherboard: EVGA 122-CK-NF68
    :: CPU: Intel Q6600
    :: RAM: Corsair TwinXPC800 4GB
    :: Video: 2 x EVGA GeForce 8800GTS SLI mode
    :: HDD: 2 x WD Raptors 76GB in raid config
    :: OS: Windows Vista Premium 64 bit OEM

    Call MS support and complain. They will give you a new activation
    code.

    Perhaps they will eventually fix the problem as well.

    Bo Persson

    Bo Persson, Dec 25, 2007

  3. Davros

    Davros Guest

    Yea thanks Bo, I ended up doing that and got it reactivated... I also asked
    the guy if it will need to be reactivated every time I flash the BIOS. His
    response was, "looking at all the calls I get regarding this same situation I
    would say yes you would have to reactivate every time you flash the BIOS."

    Well gee Microsoft, with all the new technology coming out and the constant
    updates, did you think people wont flash/update their BIOS???
    Thanks for wasting my time MS.

    Davros, Dec 25, 2007