    top..how do i get back into bios to disengage pw so daughter can use
    it.....pw is same as my new 1 so leavung it as it is not an option
    Cheers.
    Doug, Apr 15, 2004

  2. Doug

    Gadge Guest

    Are you saying you can't remember how to get back into the BIOS screens?
    Normally, when your pc is starting up and you get the black screen, you get
    a little msg that says 'Hit XXX to enter setup' (where XXX is the required
    key). It'll then ask you for the pw, and in theory, let you access the BIOS.

    --
    <--Gadge-->

    http://www.btinternet.com/~gadgerama
    "Doug" <> wrote in message
    > I`ve a tosh 4030cds,i enabled bios pw orignally now have upfraded to new

    lap

    Gadge, Apr 16, 2004

  3. In article <c5oa6f$rkn$>,
    says...
    > Are you saying you can't remember how to get back into the BIOS screens?
    > Normally, when your pc is starting up and you get the black screen, you get
    > a little msg that says 'Hit XXX to enter setup' (where XXX is the required
    > key). It'll then ask you for the pw, and in theory, let you access the BIOS.

    and if it doesn't tell you to "Hit XX Key to enter BIOS", try different
    keys, it's usually F1, F2, DEL, INS, or F10, among a few others.

    actually, this isn't a computer security question, you'd be better off
    asking in a toshiba computer group... or a group for your BIOS.

    --
    Colonel Flagg
    http://www.internetwarzone.org/

    Privacy at a click:
    http://www.cotse.net

    A: None, he just defines Darkness? as the new industry standard..."

    "...I see stupid people."
    Colonel Flagg, Apr 16, 2004
  4. On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 19:01:05 +0100, "Doug"
    <> wrote:

    >I`ve a tosh 4030cds,i enabled bios pw orignally now have upfraded to new lap
    >top..how do i get back into bios to disengage pw so daughter can use
    >it.....pw is same as my new 1 so leavung it as it is not an option
    >Cheers.

    I have a similar model and can never remember which key to press.

    I always just hit [DEL], [ESC], [F1], [F2]
    (in series not simultaneously)

    You need to do this just after the video BIOS displays the Red Toshiba
    Logo.

    HTH
    Aaron Lingwood
    Aaron B. Lingwood, Apr 17, 2004