    this wrong setting may be responsible.

    Does anyone have any ideas

    Thanks

    Buffy, Jan 18, 2004

  2. Buffy

    MrToad Guest

    "Buffy" <> Ran in the back door and
    shouted news:bueonq$jqv$:

    > Asus A7V600 MBoard with latest BIOS
    > Athlon XP2400 thoroughbred CPU
    > 512 MB PC2100 DDR Ram
    >
    > The Bios is set to Auto but insists on picking the chip up at 2250Mhz
    > and not 2000Mhz. It also sets a CPU multiple of 22.5 and not 15
    >
    > CPU Ext frequency is set at 100/33 and the Memory frequency is set at
    > Auto.
    >
    > I've had this problem before and can't remember how the hell I sorted
    > it out. The system isn't working as well as I think it should and I'm
    > thinking this wrong setting may be responsible.
    >
    > Does anyone have any ideas
    >
    > Thanks

    Use the manual setting and set the values where they are suppose to be?

    --
    MrToad

    MrToad, Jan 18, 2004

  3. Buffy

    °Mike° Guest

    Set it to manual; change and save your settings on exit.

    On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 20:01:59 -0000, in
    <bueonq$jqv$>
    Buffy scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 18, 2004
  4. Buffy

    Buffy Guest

    Two things. When I set it to manual and leave the other settings it seems to
    completely mess things up.Sesond I just wanted to know why it wont pick up
    the correct CPU speed. I've tried ASUS but they'll likely take a week to
    answer, just thought someone here might know why because I like to know why
    things don't work. Could it be a memory thing because I'm using oldish type
    memory on a noard that can take FSB400??

    Buffy, Jan 18, 2004
  5. Buffy

    Harrison Guest

    Your preferred forum would be alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

    Harrison, Jan 18, 2004
  6. Buffy wrote:
    > Asus A7V600 MBoard with latest BIOS
    > Athlon XP2400 thoroughbred CPU
    > 512 MB PC2100 DDR Ram
    >
    > The Bios is set to Auto but insists on picking the chip up at 2250Mhz and
    > not 2000Mhz. It also sets a CPU multiple of 22.5 and not 15
    >
    > CPU Ext frequency is set at 100/33 and the Memory frequency is set at Auto.

    Your "CPU Ext frequency" is set too low at 100 MHz. Thoroughbreds
    should be at least 133 MHz.

    Michael J. Apollyon, Jan 18, 2004
  7. Buffy

    °Mike° Guest

    I doubt if it's a memory issue. I would wait for an
    authoritative answer from ASUS.

    On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 21:15:54 -0000, in
    <buet2d$o64$>
    Buffy scrawled: