    Yours,
    Duncan Bayne

    , Feb 13, 2005

  2. Rider Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Anyone have any idea how to get at the BIOS config screen on a Compaq
    > Armada 7710T? I've tried the usual on boot (F1, DEL) but no luck :-(
    > TIA :)
    >
    > Yours,
    > Duncan Bayne

    At a wild guess, maybe F10 or F12

    Rider, Feb 13, 2005

  3. froggy Guest

    On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 13:39:37 -0800, dhbayne wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > Anyone have any idea how to get at the BIOS config screen on a Compaq
    > Armada 7710T? I've tried the usual on boot (F1, DEL) but no luck :-(
    > TIA :)
    >
    > Yours,
    > Duncan Bayne

    This is what google threw at me
    Normally, on a majority of Compaq models BEFORE 2002, you hit F10 at the
    Compaq logo (cursor to upper right corner) at bootup. On some newer models,
    the key is F1. On the old 7100 Series Presarios with Phoenix BIOS , the
    <Del> key is used. If none of the above works, it couild mean you have an
    earlier model, 1996-early 1997 or earlier, that retains Setup info on a
    small non-DOS partition at the front of the hard drive (this partition,
    being non-DOS, does not show in Windows Explorer or File Manager), and this
    partition is damaged or missing. Most Commercial desktops/notebooks
    (DeskPros, Prolineas, Armadas/Elites, etc. of the time) also had this
    partition. If this is the case, go here:

    http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/

    Select your model desktop or notebook and download the Softpaq for Computer
    Setup. Run this SoftPaq and it will create a boot floppy from which you can
    enter the BIOS. You might want to download the Personal Computer Diagnostics
    SoftPaq as well.

    froggy, Feb 13, 2005
  4. Guest

    , Feb 13, 2005
  5. SchoolTech Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Anyone have any idea how to get at the BIOS config screen on a Compaq
    > Armada 7710T? I've tried the usual on boot (F1, DEL) but no luck :-(
    > TIA :)

    F10 for all our Compaqs.

    SchoolTech, Feb 14, 2005