    setup, then it ignores my alteration and boots up floppy first as
    before.Bloody thing's become disobedient! Am I missing anything obvious?
    (Never met this one before)

    alf garnett, Jan 9, 2006

  2. alf garnett

    *****General Guest

    "alf garnett" <> wrote in message
    news:23Bwf.65166$...
    > Tried to set the boot sequence to seek CDROM first, F10 to save and exit
    > setup, then it ignores my alteration and boots up floppy first as
    > before.Bloody thing's become disobedient! Am I missing anything obvious?
    > (Never met this one before)

    It's part of the old days. Default setting for life.

    *****General, Jan 9, 2006

  3. alf garnett

    PC Guest

    > Tried to set the boot sequence to seek CDROM first, F10 to save and exit
    > setup, then it ignores my alteration and boots up floppy first as
    > before.Bloody thing's become disobedient! Am I missing anything obvious?
    > (Never met this one before)

    Alf

    It may be either the CD is not bootable or the CD drive doesn't like the CD.
    Try running a lens cleaner thru it.

    Paul.

    PC, Jan 9, 2006
  4. alf garnett

    NBN Guest

    Maybe you have to change CMOS battery.

    NBN, Jan 9, 2006
  5. alf garnett

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 22:01:34 GMT, alf garnett wrote:

    > Tried to set the boot sequence to seek CDROM first, F10 to save and exit
    > setup, then it ignores my alteration and boots up floppy first as
    > before.Bloody thing's become disobedient! Am I missing anything obvious?
    > (Never met this one before)

    there is a second setting, Seek floopy on boot aside from your
    sequence settings.
    --
    Old Gringo
    The Future Is Not What It Use To Be