    Someone has been playing around with the bios settings on this machine. When
    I go to correct it i'm faced with the options of either "Default Values" or
    "Optimal Values" of "Fail Safe Values" which is the better setting?

    Dodgy Dave, Apr 14, 2004

  2. Dodgy Dave

    I Am Weasel Guest

    On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 00:03:52 +0100, Dodgy Dave wrote:

    > Someone has been playing around with the bios settings on this machine. When
    > I go to correct it i'm faced with the options of either "Default Values" or
    > "Optimal Values" of "Fail Safe Values" which is the better setting?

    Try the optimal settings first. If those don't work then try default
    followed by failsafe.

    I Am Weasel, Apr 14, 2004

  3. Dodgy Dave

    strand Guest

    > Someone has been playing around with the bios settings on this machine.

    When
    > I go to correct it i'm faced with the options of either "Default Values"

    or
    > "Optimal Values" of "Fail Safe Values" which is the better setting?

    See what the default settings are - make a note of them. Then if you try
    others and experience difficulty you can always go back and manually reset
    There is probably a password protection feature in your bios settings

    strand, Apr 14, 2004
  4. Dodgy Dave

    Dodgy Dave Guest

    Thanks very much for the help. I was just worried as to whether the default
    settings might not be the correct ones for some of my hardware or programs
    to work properly. I'll try the default ones.

    Dodgy Dave, Apr 14, 2004