    etc. does anyone know how to stop this and revert back to the
    standard bios screen

    Thanks

    *Paul*, Sep 18, 2003

  2. *Paul*

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:38:43 +0000 (UTC), *Paul* wrote:

    >Hello, when I boot up my PC, it shows the logo of the manufacturer,
    >rather than the normal screen where you see the ram being counted up
    >etc. does anyone know how to stop this and revert back to the
    >standard bios screen

    An answer may involve knowing -
    1. BIOS manufacturer and ,
    2. PC model/brand.

    But that's only a guess.

    Me

    why?, Sep 18, 2003

  3. *Paul*

    Liz Guest

    "*Paul*" <> wrote
    > Hello, when I boot up my PC, it shows the logo of the manufacturer,
    > rather than the normal screen where you see the ram being counted up
    > etc. does anyone know how to stop this and revert back to the
    > standard bios screen

    Press the F2 key while it is starting up.

    Or holding down the Delete key.

    Both will get my machines into BIOS screen.

    Liz, Sep 18, 2003
  4. *Paul*

    Mangusta Guest

    You need to get into the BIOS configuration, this may be one of many
    possible key combo's to bring up, and then, most BIOS'es have an option to
    "disable splash screen"...

    Though, it does all depend on your machine...

    Paul

    Mangusta, Sep 19, 2003