Bios Problem in Emachine T1100

Discussion in 'Software' started by curtisjg65, Nov 14, 2010.

  1. curtisjg65

    curtisjg65

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    I have an Emachine T1100 I received from a friend and the hard drive was wiped clean. Installed Windows 98. Then Was attempting to upgrade to Windows XP Home Edition. Suddenly a screen came up stating that my bios was not fully acpi compatible. It also stated I could disable the acpi by pressing F7 when the Emachine logo came up. This was supposed to take me to the text mode I rebooted and clicked on F7 several times when the Emachine logo came up. The only thing that came up was a screen stating press enter to continue setup, press F3 to exit setup and press F10 to install a new OS. I pressed Enter and then again pressed F7. This time the original screen came up telling me that my bios was not fully compatible with acpi.
    How do I get into the text mode or how do I get into the bios to disable acpi?
    My system specs are below in case you need them.

    Specifications
    CPU : Intel® Celeron® Processor 1GHz (w/128KB)
    Operating System : Genuine Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
    Chipset : Intel® 810 chipset, 100MHz FSB
    Memory : 128MB SDRAM
    Hard Drive : 20GB HDD
    Optical Drive : 12x Max. Write CD-RW Drive; 3.5" 1.44MB FDD
    Video : Intel® DirectAGP 3D (810 shared)
    Sound : Intel® 82801 AC '97 Audio
    Modem : 56K ITU v.92-ready PCI internal Fax/Modem
    Peripherals : Keyboard, Mouse, Stereo Speakers
    Ports/Other : 2 USB ports (1 on front bezel), 1 Serial, 1 Parallel, 2 PS/2, Audio In & Out, 1
    Midi/Game on front bezel, Mic-In & Head Phone jack on front
    curtisjg65, Nov 14, 2010