    thank you very much.

    lorenzo.

    , Feb 26, 2004

  2. Try pulling the CMOS battery out and restarting the computer. There also
    might be a jumper on the motherboard to reset the password.

    Good luck.

    Anthony & Virginia, Feb 26, 2004

  3. Guest

    thank you, but doesn't work...i took off the cmos battery, and
    short-circuited the mobo connector for it. and doesn't work...i'm
    keeping the short-circuit to see if it's just a question of time, i.e.
    discharging the capacitors...
    am I on the wrong cmos battery? is the one located close to the wi-fi
    circutry...don't know what else I can do...keep waiting.
    cheers, lorenzo.

    On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 13:43:40 GMT, "Anthony & Virginia"
    <> wrote:

    >Try pulling the CMOS battery out and restarting the computer. There also
    >might be a jumper on the motherboard to reset the password.
    >
    >Good luck.

    , Feb 26, 2004
  4. Guest

    I did that....doesn't work, thanx

    On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 17:40:37 -0600, "Judd"
    <> wrote:

    >Did you take the main battery out of the laptop before pulling the CMOS
    >battery?

    , Feb 27, 2004
  5. oops!!!

    lorenzo amante, Feb 27, 2004
  6. Toshiba technical support can walk you through the steps to reset the
    password--assuming you own the laptop and simply forgot the cmos password.
    If, however, the laptop is not your computer I would suggest that you forget
    the idea of cracking the password. Just my thoughts.

    Ronnie Broyles, Feb 27, 2004
  7. Vic Evans Guest

    On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:07:49 GMT, Barry Watzman
    <> wrote:

    >I know how to clear the password on most Toshiba laptops, but until I
    >have assurance that you are the owner and not someone who has come into
    >posession of a stolen laptop, it's information that I won't give out.
    >However, pulling the battery will NOT do it, not on Toshiba or on any
    >laptop made since the early 1990's.

    I can understand why Barry is reluctant to get involved in this as I
    won't get directly into it either. Most thieves who specialize in
    stealing laptops and electronic equipment have people who know how to
    remove this protection.

    This information is also in "the wild" and is quickly and freely
    available by anyone who carefully searches the Usenet archives.

    If a person doesn't know how to do that, they likely can't handle the
    password removal and should take the unit to a reliable service depot.

    Best wishes,

    Vic Evans

    Vic Evans, Feb 27, 2004
  8. ChrisW Guest

    Vic Evans wrote:
    > On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:07:49 GMT, Barry Watzman
    > <> wrote:

    <snip>

    > I can understand why Barry is reluctant to get involved in this as I
    > won't get directly into it either. Most thieves who specialize in
    > stealing laptops and electronic equipment have people who know how to
    > remove this protection.
    >
    > This information is also in "the wild" and is quickly and freely
    > available by anyone who carefully searches the Usenet archives.

    Just for the heck of it I did a search on how to do this and was quite surprised
    when it took less then a minute to find not only how to do it, but it listed the
    types and years with each way.

    I also learned how to do it for a Dell Note Book which my daughter owns, so that
    I made a note of.

    ChrisW

    ChrisW, Feb 27, 2004