    on it. Some smart person has put a password in the bios setup and I need to
    get in there to change the boot-up priority. How can I delete the password.

    Thanks
    Rick, Jun 7, 2008

  2. Rick

    Baron Guest

    Rick wrote:

    > I am in the process of formatting an older computer that has a lot of
    > crap
    > on it. Some smart person has put a password in the bios setup and I
    > need to
    > get in there to change the boot-up priority. How can I delete the
    > password.
    >
    > Thanks

    Look for a jumper on the mainboard !

    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.
    Baron, Jun 7, 2008

  3. Rick

    sandy58 Guest

    On Jun 7, 11:25 pm, "Rick" <> wrote:
    > I am in the process of formatting an older computer that has a lot of crap
    > on it. Some smart person has put a password in the bios setup and I need to
    > get in there to change the boot-up priority. How can I delete the password.
    >
    > Thanks

    Pull the CMOS battery for about 30 minutes then replace (if you can't
    find the m'board jumper re;Baron &Robert Baer)
    sandy58, Jun 8, 2008
  4. Rick

    tony sayer Guest

    In article <>, Robert
    Baer <> scribeth thus
    >Baron wrote:
    >> Rick wrote:
    >>

    >>>I am in the process of formatting an older computer that has a lot of
    >>>crap
    >>>on it. Some smart person has put a password in the bios setup and I
    >>>need to
    >>>get in there to change the boot-up priority. How can I delete the
    >>>password.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks

    >> Look for a jumper on the mainboard !
    >>

    > Check; "CMOS CLEAR" is the common name, or "CMOS" if there is very
    >little space on the <B near the 3 pins.
    > With power off, move the jumper over to the other 2 pins and wait at
    >least 5 minutes; then move it back.
    > All CMOS settings will be reset, so you will have to check and maybe
    >change some settings.

    If you can't do that then remove the CMOS battery for a little while its
    the round disc shaped thing.. Make sure you put it back the same way
    round;)

    --
    Tony Sayer
    tony sayer, Jun 8, 2008