    Hi there, can a laptop guru out there tell me how I go about getting rid of
    the bios password for an Compaq Armada M700 notebook?
    Would appreciate any input...

    A J, Sep 21, 2003

  2. A J

    °Mike° Guest

    Ask the person who set the password.

    On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 02:23:59 +1000, in
    <Kgkbb.3941$>
    A J scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 21, 2003

  3. A J

    Patrick Guest

    A J wrote:
    > Hi there, can a laptop guru out there tell me how I go about getting
    > rid of the bios password for an Compaq Armada M700 notebook?
    > Would appreciate any input...

    If you have not got a manual for the machine, then thiere are a load of
    (readable/downloadable) documents (PDF) at link below. I'll have a look
    myself, but you might care to look yourself.

    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...d=179166&prodSeriesId=96235&prodTypeId=321957

    or if any trouble with above link, then use link below;

    http://tinyurl.com/o4pb

    Patrick, Sep 21, 2003
  4. A J

    HamMan Guest

    "A J" <> wrote in message
    > Hi there, can a laptop guru out there tell me how I go about getting rid

    of
    > the bios password for an Compaq Armada M700 notebook?
    > Would appreciate any input...

    You could try holding insert while you turn it on, it sometimes works

    HamMan, Sep 21, 2003
  5. A J

    Patrick Guest

    A J wrote:
    > Hi there, can a laptop guru out there tell me how I go about getting
    > rid of the bios password for an Compaq Armada M700 notebook?
    > Would appreciate any input...

    Below is a quote from the document at this address

    http://tinyurl.com/o4qp

    page; Securing the Computer 6-1

    quote;
    If You Forget a Password

    If you forget your power-on or setup (administrator)
    password, refer to "Worldwide Telephone Numbers" in
    Appendix A to contact a Compaq authorized service provider.

    If you forget both your user and master DriveLock passwords,
    the hard drive is permanently unusable.

    If you forget your DriveLock user password but know your
    DriveLock master password, you can remove DriveLock
    protection from the drive. For instructions, refer to
    "Using DriveLock" in this chapter.

    endquote

    Patrick, Sep 21, 2003
  6. A J

    A J Guest

    Thanks pattrick you're a champion. That's exactly what i was looking for.

    "Patrick" <> wrote in message
    > A J wrote:
    > > Hi there, can a laptop guru out there tell me how I go about getting
    > > rid of the bios password for an Compaq Armada M700 notebook?
    > > Would appreciate any input...

    > If you have not got a manual for the machine, then thiere are a load of
    > (readable/downloadable) documents (PDF) at link below. I'll have a look
    > myself, but you might care to look yourself.

    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?locale=en
    _US&contentType=SupportManual&docIndexId=179166&prodSeriesId=96235&prodTypeI

    A J, Sep 21, 2003
  7. A J

    Plato Guest

    A J wrote:

    > Hi there, can a laptop guru out there tell me how I go about getting rid of
    > the bios password for an Compaq Armada M700 notebook?
    > Would appreciate any input...

    Ask the person who owns the laptop.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Sep 21, 2003
  8. A J

    A J Guest

    Thanks to all who replied
    For anyone whos interested, to reset bios you need to disconnect the clock
    battery, take out the AC power and the laptop battery. leave it for a few
    minutes and PRESTO

    A J, Sep 22, 2003
  9. A J wrote:
    > Thanks to all who replied
    > For anyone whos interested, to reset bios you need to disconnect the
    > clock battery, take out the AC power and the laptop battery. leave it
    > for a few minutes and PRESTO

    Unless you have a Toshiba, when the only course of action open is to take it
    to a Toshiba dealer with proof of purchase.
    --
    Google is your Friend
    gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk

    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Sep 22, 2003
  10. A J

    mohammad

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Mr MAS

    you just mail your prob to , and there i m damn sure that your problem will get solved for 160% sure........

    MAS:lol:

    mohammad, Apr 20, 2011