    load fail safe values or other options like that.
    How can he "unlock" the bios again??
    It is a Phoenix Award Bios V6.00PG

    tomm, Jul 27, 2005

  2. tomm

    John Holmes Guest

    tomm blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > A friend has a MB with on-board sound (AC97)
    > He tried a sound card to see if it was any good , but decided to go
    > back to
    > his on-board sound.
    > But now when he goes into the bios a lot of the options are greyed
    > out,
    > including the option to enable the on-board sound. It won`t allow him
    > to load fail safe values or other options like that.
    > How can he "unlock" the bios again??
    > It is a Phoenix Award Bios V6.00PG

    start>run>command

    debug
    -o 70 2E
    -o 71 00
    -q
    (This will leave your drive settings as they are but clears most of the
    rest)

    AMI & Award Bios...

    debug
    -o 70 17
    -o 71 17
    -q
    (Same)

    debug
    -o 70 FF
    -o 71 17
    -q
    (In most cases, this will reset the entire CMOS)

    --
    Your mother was an annoyed fraudster who was so ugly she had to be kept
    in a closely guarded military establishment.

    John Holmes, Jul 27, 2005

  3. tomm

    Unk Guest

    On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 19:11:26 +0100, "tomm" <> wrote:

    >A friend has a MB with on-board sound (AC97)
    > He tried a sound card to see if it was any good , but decided to go back to
    >his on-board sound.
    > But now when he goes into the bios a lot of the options are greyed out,
    >including the option to enable the on-board sound. It won`t allow him to
    >load fail safe values or other options like that.
    > How can he "unlock" the bios again??
    > It is a Phoenix Award Bios V6.00PG

    Unplug the PC from the wall.
    On the motherboard, near the CMOS battery (looks like a quarter) is a set of three pins with a
    jumper across two of them. Shift the jumper to the include the unused pin. Wait a few seconds
    and put the jumper back the way it was. That should reset the motherboard to the factory
    defaults. If the motherboard is more than 18 months old, now is a good time to replace that
    battery too.
    Plug the PC back in the wall. Should work now.

    Unk, Jul 27, 2005
  4. tomm

    tomm Guest

    "Unk" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 19:11:26 +0100, "tomm" <> wrote:
    >
    > >A friend has a MB with on-board sound (AC97)
    > > He tried a sound card to see if it was any good , but decided to go back

    > >his on-board sound.
    > > But now when he goes into the bios a lot of the options are greyed out,
    > >including the option to enable the on-board sound. It won`t allow him to
    > >load fail safe values or other options like that.
    > > How can he "unlock" the bios again??
    > > It is a Phoenix Award Bios V6.00PG
    > >

    > Unplug the PC from the wall.
    > On the motherboard, near the CMOS battery (looks like a quarter) is a set

    of three pins with a
    > jumper across two of them. Shift the jumper to the include the unused

    pin. Wait a few seconds
    > and put the jumper back the way it was. That should reset the motherboard

    to the factory
    > defaults. If the motherboard is more than 18 months old, now is a good

    time to replace that
    > battery too.
    > Plug the PC back in the wall. Should work now.

    I`ll tell him to try it.
    If he doesn`t want to go messing with jumper switches ( he is very wary of
    stuff like that) will taking the battery out for a few secs do the same job?

    tomm, Jul 27, 2005
  5. tomm

    Ron Guest

    "tomm" <> wrote in message

    > "Unk" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 19:11:26 +0100, "tomm" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >A friend has a MB with on-board sound (AC97)
    >> > He tried a sound card to see if it was any good , but decided to go
    >> > back

    >> >his on-board sound.
    >> > But now when he goes into the bios a lot of the options are greyed out,
    >> >including the option to enable the on-board sound. It won`t allow him to
    >> >load fail safe values or other options like that.
    >> > How can he "unlock" the bios again??
    >> > It is a Phoenix Award Bios V6.00PG
    >> >

    >> Unplug the PC from the wall.
    >> On the motherboard, near the CMOS battery (looks like a quarter) is a set

    > of three pins with a
    >> jumper across two of them. Shift the jumper to the include the unused

    > pin. Wait a few seconds
    >> and put the jumper back the way it was. That should reset the
    >> motherboard

    > to the factory
    >> defaults. If the motherboard is more than 18 months old, now is a good

    > time to replace that
    >> battery too.
    >> Plug the PC back in the wall. Should work now.

    > I`ll tell him to try it.
    > If he doesn`t want to go messing with jumper switches ( he is very wary of
    > stuff like that) will taking the battery out for a few secs do the same
    > job?

    Has he actually physically removed the sound card?

    Ron, Jul 27, 2005
  6. tomm

    Tab Guest

    "Unk" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 19:11:26 +0100, "tomm" <> wrote:
    >
    >>A friend has a MB with on-board sound (AC97)
    >> He tried a sound card to see if it was any good , but decided to go back
    >>his on-board sound.
    >> But now when he goes into the bios a lot of the options are greyed out,
    >>including the option to enable the on-board sound. It won`t allow him to
    >>load fail safe values or other options like that.
    >> How can he "unlock" the bios again??
    >> It is a Phoenix Award Bios V6.00PG
    >>

    > Unplug the PC from the wall.
    > On the motherboard, near the CMOS battery (looks like a quarter) is a set
    > of three pins with a
    > jumper across two of them. Shift the jumper to the include the unused
    > pin. Wait a few seconds
    > and put the jumper back the way it was. That should reset the motherboard
    > to the factory
    > defaults. If the motherboard is more than 18 months old, now is a good
    > time to replace that
    > battery too.
    > Plug the PC back in the wall. Should work now.

    A stupid questionWhat is on board sound ?.With assistance from a friend by
    email I formatted drive with Win98 and installed Win Me and now I dont have
    sound or modem.I take it they need drivers but should I have this on board
    sound?

    Tab, Jul 27, 2005
  7. tomm

    Unk Guest

    On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:08:23 +0100, "tomm" <> wrote:

    >"Unk" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 19:11:26 +0100, "tomm" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >A friend has a MB with on-board sound (AC97)
    >> > He tried a sound card to see if it was any good , but decided to go back

    >> >his on-board sound.
    >> > But now when he goes into the bios a lot of the options are greyed out,
    >> >including the option to enable the on-board sound. It won`t allow him to
    >> >load fail safe values or other options like that.
    >> > How can he "unlock" the bios again??
    >> > It is a Phoenix Award Bios V6.00PG
    >> >

    >> Unplug the PC from the wall.
    >> On the motherboard, near the CMOS battery (looks like a quarter) is a set

    >of three pins with a
    >> jumper across two of them. Shift the jumper to the include the unused

    >pin. Wait a few seconds
    >> and put the jumper back the way it was. That should reset the motherboard

    >to the factory
    >> defaults. If the motherboard is more than 18 months old, now is a good

    >time to replace that
    >> battery too.
    >> Plug the PC back in the wall. Should work now.

    >I`ll tell him to try it.
    > If he doesn`t want to go messing with jumper switches ( he is very wary of
    >stuff like that) will taking the battery out for a few secs do the same job?

    No, it will take several hours. The capacitors on the MB take time to drain down. They
    act as miniature batteries. The jumper drains them instantly. Look in the manual that came
    with the motherboard for the jumper location. It's in the immediate area of the battery and
    marked. Can't hurt anything with it unplugged. Just hold on to the case with one hand so you
    don't carry any static charge to the motherboard when you move the jumper.

    Unk, Jul 27, 2005
  8. tomm

    tomm Guest

    > Has he actually physically removed the sound card?

    yes , but the on board sound is still disabled

    tomm, Jul 27, 2005
  9. tomm

    Unk Guest

    On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:22:35 +0000 (UTC), "Tab" <> wrote:

    >"Unk" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 19:11:26 +0100, "tomm" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>A friend has a MB with on-board sound (AC97)
    >>> He tried a sound card to see if it was any good , but decided to go back
    >>>his on-board sound.
    >>> But now when he goes into the bios a lot of the options are greyed out,
    >>>including the option to enable the on-board sound. It won`t allow him to
    >>>load fail safe values or other options like that.
    >>> How can he "unlock" the bios again??
    >>> It is a Phoenix Award Bios V6.00PG
    >>>

    >> Unplug the PC from the wall.
    >> On the motherboard, near the CMOS battery (looks like a quarter) is a set
    >> of three pins with a
    >> jumper across two of them. Shift the jumper to the include the unused
    >> pin. Wait a few seconds
    >> and put the jumper back the way it was. That should reset the motherboard
    >> to the factory
    >> defaults. If the motherboard is more than 18 months old, now is a good
    >> time to replace that
    >> battery too.
    >> Plug the PC back in the wall. Should work now.
    >>

    >A stupid questionWhat is on board sound ?.With assistance from a friend by
    >email I formatted drive with Win98 and installed Win Me and now I dont have
    >sound or modem.I take it they need drivers but should I have this on board
    >sound?

    On-board sound means that the hardware is built into the motherboard. You don't need a plug-in
    card. Most newer motherboards come with the sound, video display, modem, and LAN, built into
    them now.

    Older operating systems like Win98 and WinME didn't have the drivers built into them.
    WinXP does. So, you will need to find the drivers you need and install them manually.
    They usually came on a CD that was shipped with the motherboard.

    Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, System, "Hardware" tab, and click the "Device Manager"
    button. If there are any yellow question or exclamation marks ( ? ! ), they're items you don't
    have the drivers for.

    Unk, Jul 27, 2005
  10. tomm

    Tab Guest

    Tab, Jul 27, 2005
  11. tomm

    Unk Guest

    You're welcome.

    Unk, Jul 28, 2005
  12. tomm

    focusmarketing.co

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    BIOS Buster - BIOS password removal tool

    New from Focus Marketing a "soft-reset" of your BIOS. We have tested this software thoroughly to make sure that it will not harm your BIOS.
    BIOS Buster is a simple, yet effective tool for removing the BIOS supervisor password locks from certain laptop computers. We are going to be updating the list of compatible models continuously. It will only work on the models we list below! Do not purchase this if your laptop is not listed below. We guarantee compatibility because have tested each of these models ourselves. Your laptop must still be able to boot from CD-ROM for this product to function. Please contact us if you have any questions!
    Take the time to just check it out and see if it would prove useful to you.

    Sincerely,
    John Masson
    Focus Marketing
    BIOS Buster