BIOS not fully compliant with ACPI error

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by BertieBigBollox@gmail.com, Sep 16, 2009.

  1. Guest

    Trying to install Windows 2000 on an Ergo/Twinhead laptop.

    When I first tried it, came up with a Blue Screen error telling me
    the
    BIOS was not ACPI compliant. I found this:-

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=256841

    So, I hit F7 as it suggests and it seems to go further. Now however,
    get an error message saying setup cannot find keyboard.

    Any ideas? (Yes, kbd works).

    So far I've tried:-
    1. Looking to disable ACPI in BIOS - no option
    2. A usb keyboard - doesnt recognise
    3. A newer BIOS - this is the newest

    , Sep 16, 2009

  2. Guest

    On Sep 18, 11:59 am, "Ben Myers" <>
    wrote:
    > "" <> wrote in messagenews:...
    > > Trying to install Windows 2000 on an Ergo/Twinhead laptop.
    > > When I first tried it, came up with a Blue Screen error telling me
    > > the
    > > BIOS was not ACPI compliant. I found this:-
    > >http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=256841
    > > So, I hit F7 as it suggests and it seems to go further. Now however,
    > > get an error message saying setup cannot find keyboard.
    > > Any ideas? (Yes, kbd works).
    > > So far I've tried:-
    > > 1. Looking to disable ACPI in BIOS - no option
    > > 2. A usb keyboard - doesnt recognise
    > > 3. A newer BIOS - this is the newest

    > Please repost with more information including the model
    > number if there is one.
    >
    > Ben

    Twinhead S15

    , Sep 18, 2009