    W2K OS
    ASUS A7266E Motherboard

    Thanks

    Buffy, Jul 26, 2004

  2. Buffy

    °Mike° Guest

    Yes, the CMOS battery is dead or dying. Change it.

    On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 22:35:48 +0100, in
    <ce3tfa$600$2surf.net>
    Buffy scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 26, 2004

  3. Buffy

    Buffy Guest

    How long to CMOS batteries usually last?

    Buffy, Jul 26, 2004
  4. Buffy

    °Mike° Guest

    How long is a piece of string? If you get a bad one, it
    may crap out in the first week, on the other hand, I
    have a very old 486 with the original CMOS battery
    still in, and working ... well, the last time I looked.

    On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 23:04:19 +0100, in
    <ce3v4p$6d4$2surf.net>
    Buffy scrawled:

    >How long to CMOS batteries usually last?

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 26, 2004
  5. Buffy

    JamesBenson Guest

    As far as I could see, mike's mum is his dad and vica versa, well I was
    stood next to them

    JamesBenson, Jul 29, 2004
  6. Buffy

    TCP/IP Guest

    Yeah, Buffy, it sounds like your CMOS battery is dead. Just buy a new one
    at your local computer store for a few bucks, replace the old one, and
    change your BIOS settings once more. That SHOULD take care of it.

    One other thing that it COULD be is if you are shutting your computer down
    during the POST (at startup), your motherboard may be resetting the BIOS to
    the safe defaults. Some newer motherboards do this because they think that
    if the POST didn't complete then there must have been a problem and the
    BIOS settings will be reset. I think it is more than likely the battery
    however.

    Port139

    TCP/IP, Aug 10, 2004