BIOS Flash upgrade for a 7200T

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Phil, Feb 29, 2004.

  1. Phil

    Phil Guest

    Hi,

    There are software that can determine which upgrade you need for your
    laptop. However, I would leave that to technician since it is very risky.

    Next question:
    How come your laptop name change to Clevo from Kapok?

    In addition, you may contact your laptop manufacture for further
    information.

    Phil

    Neil, Feb 29, 2004

  3. Phil

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Neil said:

    > Hi
    > I am trying to find a BIOS Flash upgrade for a 7200T (Kapok now Clevo)
    > Laptop.
    > Can you help please
    > Neil

    Do you really need to do it?
    Brian H¹©, Feb 29, 2004
  4. Phil

    Phil Guest

    Hi Neil,

    I've just 2 search in regards to flash bios update for Kapok and as well for
    Clevo. My search simply point to the following website. You may want looking
    into. There may have softwares but you probably need pay for their services.
    Hey, it work a try. Don't you agree?

    Here it is:
    http://www.flazh.de/bios/english/id.htm

    Phil

    Phil, Feb 29, 2004
  5. Phil

    Neil Guest

    > Neil said:
    >
    > > Hi
    > > I am trying to find a BIOS Flash upgrade for a 7200T (Kapok now Clevo)
    > > Laptop.
    > > Can you help please
    > > Neil

    > Do you really need to do it?

    Yes have 20 GB HD, BIOS see's 6.4MB. Use it for storing photos whilst on
    holidays
    Neil, Feb 29, 2004
  6. Phil

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Neil said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> Neil said:
    >>
    >>> Hi
    >>> I am trying to find a BIOS Flash upgrade for a 7200T (Kapok now Clevo)
    >>> Laptop.
    >>> Can you help please
    >>> Neil

    >> Do you really need to do it?
    >>

    > Yes have 20 GB HD, BIOS see's 6.4MB. Use it for storing photos whilst on
    > holidays

    That could very well be cured more easily, but more info will be needed before
    anyone can help you.
    Brian H¹©, Feb 29, 2004
  7. Phil

    Neil Guest

    "Neil" <> wrote in message news:404157f2@212.67.96.135...

    > "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
    > > Neil said:
    > >
    > > > Hi
    > > > I am trying to find a BIOS Flash upgrade for a 7200T (Kapok now Clevo)
    > > > Laptop.
    > > > Can you help please
    > > > Neil

    > > Do you really need to do it?
    > >

    > Yes have 20 GB HD, BIOS see's 6.4MB. Use it for storing photos whilst on
    > holidays

    sorry that was 6.4 GB
    Neil, Feb 29, 2004
  8. Phil

    Neil Guest

    > Neil said:
    >
    > > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    > >> Do you really need to do it?
    > >>

    > > Yes have 20 GB HD, BIOS see's 6.4MB. Use it for storing photos whilst on
    > > holidays

    > That could very well be cured more easily, but more info will be needed

    before
    > anyone can help you.

    What info would help?
    Neil, Feb 29, 2004
  9. Brian's right: don't do this unless absolutely necessary. There are many
    dead computers out there because of bios upgrades, most of which were not
    needed in the first place.

    Tim

    Tim-n-Puppies, Feb 29, 2004
  10. Phil

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Neil said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> Neil said:
    >>
    >>> "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    >>> Yes have 20 GB HD, BIOS see's 6.4MB. Use it for storing photos whilst on
    >>> holidays

    >> That could very well be cured more easily, but more info will be needed
    >> before anyone can help you.
    >>

    > What info would help?

    Only important things like details about the BIOS and the OS etc.
    Brian H¹©, Feb 29, 2004
  11. Phil

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Tim-n-Puppies said:

    > Brian's right: don't do this unless absolutely necessary. There are many
    > dead computers out there because of bios upgrades, most of which were not
    > needed in the first place.

    The trouble is, most people go into a shop thinking the person behind the
    counter is a God as far as pc's are concerned, and when someone says things like
    "format and reinstall your OS" or "a BIOS flash is what you need" they tend to
    be believe that the guy is a genius.
    Until they get home and ruin their system.

    Brian H¹©, Feb 29, 2004
  12. Phil

    Neil Guest

    > Neil said:
    >
    > > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    Clevo)

    on

    > >> That could very well be cured more easily, but more info will be needed
    > >> before anyone can help you.
    > >>

    > > What info would help?

    > Only important things like details about the BIOS and the OS etc.

    OS is win98 - Kapoc and Clevo used to support these now old laptops - No
    longer have BIOS downloads on website
    Neil, Feb 29, 2004
  13. Phil

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Brian H¹© said:

    > Tim-n-Puppies said:
    >
    >> Brian's right: don't do this unless absolutely necessary. There are many
    >> dead computers out there because of bios upgrades, most of which were not
    >> needed in the first place.
    >>

    > The trouble is, most people go into a shop thinking the person behind the
    > counter is a God as far as pc's are concerned, and when someone says things
    > like "format and reinstall your OS" or "a BIOS flash is what you need" they
    > tend to be believe that the guy is a genius.
    > Until they get home and ruin their system.

    No reflection on the OP, just that those types of salespeople should be seen
    swinging from ropes on every high street.

    Brian H¹©, Feb 29, 2004
  14. Phil

    Neil Guest

    > >> Hi
    > >> I am trying to find a BIOS Flash upgrade for a 7200T (Kapok now Clevo)
    > >> Laptop.
    > >> Can you help please
    > >> Neil

    Sorry but the PC needs a new BIOS flash, Kapok has gone and Clevo no longer
    have one on their site - I am asking for help in trying to locate newer BIOS
    Neil, Feb 29, 2004
  15. Phil

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Neil said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> Neil said:
    >>
    >>> "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    >>> What info would help?

    >> Only important things like details about the BIOS and the OS etc.

    > OS is win98 - Kapoc and Clevo used to support these now old laptops - No
    > longer have BIOS downloads on website

    Win98 or Win98se?
    And you haven't given details about your BIOS, make version/revision.
    Is the laptop new, did it used to show the full GB's, did you install a new HDD
    which is why you have this issue?

    Think about how much info you would need to give a person over the phone if you
    needed help with your car.
    Brian H¹©, Feb 29, 2004
  16. Phil

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Neil said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> Tim-n-Puppies said:
    >>
    >>> Brian's right: don't do this unless absolutely necessary. There are many
    >>> dead computers out there because of bios upgrades, most of which were not
    >>> needed in the first place.
    >>>

    >> The trouble is, most people go into a shop thinking the person behind the
    >> counter is a God as far as pc's are concerned, and when someone says things
    >> like "format and reinstall your OS" or "a BIOS flash is what you need" they
    >> tend to be believe that the guy is a genius.
    >> Until they get home and ruin their system.
    >>
    >>> Tim
    >>>
    >>> "Neil" <> wrote in message

    > Sorry but the PC needs a new BIOS flash, Kapok has gone and Clevo no longer
    > have one on their site - I am asking for help in trying to locate newer BIOS

    So who told you it needs to be flashed?
    Brian H¹©, Feb 29, 2004
  17. Phil

    Neil Guest

    > Neil said:
    >
    > > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    many

    not

    > >> The trouble is, most people go into a shop thinking the person behind

    the
    > >> counter is a God as far as pc's are concerned, and when someone says

    things
    > >> like "format and reinstall your OS" or "a BIOS flash is what you need"

    they
    > >> tend to be believe that the guy is a genius.
    > >> Until they get home and ruin their system.

    Clevo)

    > > Sorry but the PC needs a new BIOS flash, Kapok has gone and Clevo no

    longer
    > > have one on their site - I am asking for help in trying to locate newer

    BIOS

    > So who told you it needs to be flashed?

    Hi Brian,
    I Build and Repair PC's for a living, flashing BIOS chips is an unfortunate
    but often necessary procedure to enable support of larger HD's and other
    ancillaries. In this case I have been unable to locate one for a Kapok 7200T
    and I have asked this group, as many contributors here are expert.
    Neil, Feb 29, 2004
  18. Phil

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Neil said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> Neil said:
    >>
    >>> "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    >>> Sorry but the PC needs a new BIOS flash, Kapok has gone and Clevo no longer
    >>> have one on their site - I am asking for help in trying to locate newer BIOS

    >> So who told you it needs to be flashed?
    >>

    > Hi Brian,
    > I Build and Repair PC's for a living, flashing BIOS chips is an unfortunate
    > but often necessary procedure to enable support of larger HD's and other
    > ancillaries. In this case I have been unable to locate one for a Kapok 7200T
    > and I have asked this group, as many contributors here are expert.

    I've been in the computer industry for 30 years, do I qualify as an expert?
    Brian H¹©, Feb 29, 2004
  19. Phil

    Neil Guest

    > Neil said:
    >
    > > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    many

    were not

    the

    things

    need" they

    Clevo)

    longer

    newer BIOS

    > >> So who told you it needs to be flashed?
    > >>

    > > Hi Brian,
    > > I Build and Repair PC's for a living, flashing BIOS chips is an

    unfortunate
    > > but often necessary procedure to enable support of larger HD's and other
    > > ancillaries. In this case I have been unable to locate one for a Kapok

    7200T
    > > and I have asked this group, as many contributors here are expert.

    > I've been in the computer industry for 30 years, do I qualify as an

    expert?

    Only if you can provide a HL for a BIOS flash ;)
    Neil, Feb 29, 2004
  20. Phil

    docmill Guest

    "Neil" <> wrote in news:404158c9@212.67.96.135:

    > "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
    >> Neil said:
    >>
    >> > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    >> > Yes have 20 GB HD, BIOS see's 6.4MB. Use it for storing photos
    >> > whilst on holidays

    >> That could very well be cured more easily, but more info will be
    >> needed

    > before
    >> anyone can help you.
    >>

    > What info would help?

    You could look into Disk Manager or EZ-Drive.

    --
    docmill, Feb 29, 2004