    Seems I have to re plug the ide cable every time to re start the computer.

    What's going on?

    John.

    J.Wilson, Mar 2, 2007

  2. J.Wilson

    jasen Guest

    On 2007-03-02, J.Wilson <> wrote:
    > P2 machine win2000 runs ok.
    >
    > I re-boot and the bios reports no master drive found.
    >
    > I reset the ide cable, bios sees the drive and computer runs ok.
    >
    > I re-boot and the bios reports no master drive found.
    >
    > I reset the ide cable, bios sees the drive and computer runs ok. Etc.
    >
    > Seems I have to re plug the ide cable every time to re start the computer.
    >
    > What's going on?

    This would be a good time to backup your data if you have not already done so.

    I'm not sure where the fault lies

    (could be OS, could be motherboard, could be drive, could be cable.

    backup your important stuff, and replace the cable they're cheap.
    see if there's a firmware upgrade available for your motherboard

    Bye.
    Jasen

    jasen, Mar 2, 2007

  3. J.Wilson

    J.Wilson Guest

    "jasen" <> wrote in message

    > This would be a good time to backup your data if you have not already done
    > so.
    >
    > I'm not sure where the fault lies
    >
    > (could be OS, could be motherboard, could be drive, could be cable.
    >
    > backup your important stuff, and replace the cable they're cheap.
    > see if there's a firmware upgrade available for your motherboard
    >
    > Bye.
    > Jasen

    Thanks Jason. Hardly anything on it. It's an old computer I ressurected so
    some
    kids could play games on it. With more time I'll fix it

    J.Wilson, Mar 3, 2007