    Can anyone tell me if you can reinstall XP from a different language to
    English. Do you have to reformat the HDD and will changes to the BIOS be
    necessary also? Thanks for any guidance.
    David, Aug 4, 2005

  2. David

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "David" <> wrote in message
    news:gcdIe.3611$...
    > Can anyone tell me if you can reinstall XP from a different language to
    > English. Do you have to reformat the HDD and will changes to the BIOS be
    > necessary also? Thanks for any guidance.

    Please elucidate: what is the computer running now (language, OS, etc.) and
    what are you trying to do to it (and why?)
    Toolman Tim, Aug 4, 2005

  3. David

    dworkin Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    > "David" <> wrote in message
    >> Can anyone tell me if you can reinstall XP from a different language
    >> English. Do you have to reformat the HDD and will changes to the
    >> BIOS be necessary also? Thanks for any guidance.
    >>

    > Please elucidate: what is the computer running now (language, OS,
    > etc.) and what are you trying to do to it (and why?)

    I'm going to take a wild guess at what David wants to know - why not? In
    order to change the XP operating system language from (for example)
    Greek to English you would need to buy a full retail English version of
    XP and do a clean install. You would need to format the hard drive - at
    least the system partition. You shouldn't have to mess around with your
    BIOS at all.

    http://michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html - Clean Install

    Dworkin
    --
    "That'll be 10 quid."
    dworkin, Aug 4, 2005
  4. David

    Plato Guest

    David wrote:

    > Can anyone tell me if you can reinstall XP from a different language to
    > English. Do you have to reformat the HDD and will changes to the BIOS be
    > necessary also? Thanks for any guidance.

    Only if you buy the Version of XP for the new language you want to use
    on the pc.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Aug 4, 2005