    dark elf Guest

    I need to access the bios in winxp home. Usually it's F2 or Del but I don't
    seem to be having any success with either. Any suggestions? TIA
    dark elf, Feb 14, 2004

  2. dark elf

    Win Guest

    Why are you trying to access the bios
    further there is a kernal in XP not a bios
    your mb has a bios not your os

    Win, Feb 14, 2004

  3. dark elf

    Harrison Guest

    F1, F2, Del are probably the most popular, but it depends on the brand of BIOS.
    Use Aida32 to determine your motherboard and BIOS information and Google from there.

    Harrison, Feb 14, 2004
  4. dark elf

    dark elf Guest

    "Win" <> wrote in message
    > Why are you trying to access the bios
    > further there is a kernal in XP not a bios
    > your mb has a bios not your os

    I'm trying to switch the printer setting from LPT mode to ECP for an mp3
    player I'm working on (different device from earlier post).
    dark elf, Feb 14, 2004
  5. dark elf

    Win Guest

    OK then if you really cannot get into bios.
    Some (few) {P.C) will only ented bios from cold start
    then press and keep tapping key until you are in bios
    good kuck
    there is a program called killcmos. that will reset everything then the bios
    will almost always prompt to be entered on startup to correct date etc
    this is a last ditch thing me thinks
    if you do go this way some zirus scanners detect it as a virus IT IS NOT so
    disable you virus scanner
    further it MUST be run from dos

    Hope you get your mp3 player working
    Win

    Win, Feb 14, 2004
  6. dark elf

    ICee Guest

    dark elf wrote:
    > I need to access the bios in winxp home. Usually it's F2 or Del but
    > I don't seem to be having any success with either. Any suggestions?
    > TIA

    The BIOS cannot be accessed from Windows. It can only be accessed at
    power up by pressing and holding the Delete key (sometimes Insert, F1,
    Esc).
    ICee, Feb 14, 2004
  7. dark elf

    °Mike° Guest

    On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 21:15:43 -0600, in
    <>
    "dark elf" <evil.hades(BLAH)@charter.net> scrawled:

    >"Win" <> wrote in message
    >> Why are you trying to access the bios
    >> further there is a kernal in XP not a bios
    >> your mb has a bios not your os

    >I'm trying to switch the printer setting from LPT mode to ECP for an mp3
    >player I'm working on (different device from earlier post).

    How do I access my computer's setup (BIOS) and change my
    parallel port mode / settings?
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?K1EB32767

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Feb 14, 2004
  8. dark elf

    Steve K Guest

    If the computer is a Compaq, hit the F10 key, when a small white square
    appears in the top right corner of the screen, on cold start up.

    Steve K, Feb 14, 2004
  9. dark elf

    dark elf Guest

    "Steve K" <> wrote in message
    > If the computer is a Compaq, hit the F10 key, when a small white square
    > appears in the top right corner of the screen, on cold start up.

    Nah, it's an IBM. The MP3 player is a DUO-MP3. I did a little more hunting
    on their website and found out that this model isn't recommended with
    windows xp. It would have been nice if they'd put that on the box. Oh
    well, I've got another machine w/win98 and with some doing I can get most of
    my music files on that computer also. Time to build that network I've been
    talking about. I'll probably be posting questions about that next....
    dark elf, Feb 14, 2004