    get it to work, I'm going with the APC Personal Biometric
    USB POD.

    Thanks, for your help.

    js5895, Aug 13, 2005

  2. js5895

    why? Guest

    On 13 Aug 2005 15:23:02 -0700, js5895 wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I just purchased the MS Fingerprint Reader and I just

    This one?
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=036

    >noticed that it doesn't work because, I have windows 2000.

    where the system requirements says,

    Windows XP Home, Professional, Tablet PC, or Media Center Edition

    >Should I wait or look for drivers and software to

    As Win 2000 support expired last month or so and MS have a not great
    track record for providing drivers for thier own hardware (look at x64
    issues and MS hardware) , waiting may not be a good idea.

    >support it or, buy a different one because, if I can't
    >get it to work, I'm going with the APC Personal Biometric
    >USB POD.

    Better :)
    http://www.apc.com/products/family/index.cfm?id=246&tab=features#anchor1
    PC compatible OmniPass authentication software provides
    compatibility for Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000 and Windows XP

    That;s the software, just don't forget about the USB bit either.

    >Thanks, for your help.

    Me

    why?, Aug 14, 2005