    But if I wanted Bing, what would I click to get it?

    Thank you
    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Oct 24, 2010

  2. Geopelia

    Enkidu Guest

    On 24/10/10 23:11, Geopelia wrote:
    > I see there is now something called Bing which will play videos.
    >
    > I can't get youtube on dial up as it takes much too long to load. Would Bing
    > be quicker?
    > If so, is there any way to change youtube to Bing please?
    >
    > I can't think of anything else that I would want Bing for, Google is what I
    > use now for information etc.
    > But if I wanted Bing, what would I click to get it?

    Bing is Microsoft's search engine. I don't know about it playing videos.
    I reckon that it will take the same amount of time to load a video.

    Try : http://www.bing.com/

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    The end excuses any evil - Sophocles

    Enkidu, Oct 24, 2010

  3. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Enkidu" <> wrote in message
    > On 24/10/10 23:11, Geopelia wrote:
    >> I see there is now something called Bing which will play videos.
    >>
    >> I can't get youtube on dial up as it takes much too long to load. Would
    >> Bing
    >> be quicker?
    >> If so, is there any way to change youtube to Bing please?
    >>
    >> I can't think of anything else that I would want Bing for, Google is what
    >> use now for information etc.
    >> But if I wanted Bing, what would I click to get it?
    >>

    > Bing is Microsoft's search engine. I don't know about it playing videos. I
    > reckon that it will take the same amount of time to load a video.
    >
    > Try : http://www.bing.com/
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Cliff

    Thank you. I had a look at that, but it isn't much help.

    I also had a look at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bing_(search_engine) -
    which describes all it can do (very good for porn, it says!) but again not
    much help in using it.

    But if it isn't going to be much faster for videos there isn't much point in
    changing.

    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Oct 24, 2010
  4. Geopelia

    Matty F Guest

    On Oct 25, 1:12 am, "Geopelia" <> wrote:

    > But if it isn't going to be much faster for videos there isn't much point in
    > changing.

    If there are Youtube videos that you really want to see, you could get
    Youtubedownloader from
    http://youtubedownload.altervista.org/
    and run that to download the videos. Once in your machine the videos
    will play at full speed, and you can play them again later without
    having to keep downloading them.

    Matty F, Oct 24, 2010
  5. In article <ia10o4$501$-september.org>, says...
    > I can't get youtube on dial up as it takes much too long to load. Would Bing
    > be quicker?

    Not noticably, no. Video files are large, going on huge, depending on picture size and length
    of video. With better compression technology they may get a little faster & a little smaller,
    but not so your dialup would noticably handle them better. It's like squeezing a hippo into a
    Morris Minor. Cutting a few pounds off isn't going to make it fit any better.

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Oct 24, 2010
  6. Geopelia

    Sweetpea Guest

    On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 23:11:05 +1300, Geopelia wrote:

    > I can't get youtube on dial up as it takes much too long to load. Would
    > Bing be quicker?

    No. All those sorts of sites are predicated on people having a broadband
    connection.

    Sweetpea, Oct 24, 2010
  7. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Matty F" <> wrote in message
    > On Oct 25, 1:12 am, "Geopelia" <> wrote:
    >
    >> But if it isn't going to be much faster for videos there isn't much point
    >> in
    >> changing.

    > If there are Youtube videos that you really want to see, you could get
    > Youtubedownloader from
    > http://youtubedownload.altervista.org/
    > and run that to download the videos. Once in your machine the videos
    > will play at full speed, and you can play them again later without
    > having to keep downloading them.

    Thank you, I've saved the website for the computer man.
    There seems to be a youtube in so many emails these days.

    Geopelia, Oct 24, 2010
  8. Geopelia

    Gib Bogle Guest

    On 24/10/2010 11:11 p.m., Geopelia wrote:
    > I see there is now something called Bing which will play videos.
    >
    > I can't get youtube on dial up as it takes much too long to load. Would Bing
    > be quicker?
    > If so, is there any way to change youtube to Bing please?
    >
    > I can't think of anything else that I would want Bing for, Google is what I
    > use now for information etc.
    > But if I wanted Bing, what would I click to get it?

    google

    Gib Bogle, Oct 24, 2010
  9. In message <ia25po$2su$-september.org>, Geopelia wrote:

    > There seems to be a youtube in so many emails these days.

    They say this new-fangled broadband thing could be the future.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 25, 2010
  10. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    > In message <ia25po$2su$-september.org>, Geopelia wrote:
    >
    >> There seems to be a youtube in so many emails these days.

    > They say this new-fangled broadband thing could be the future.

    There seem to be a lot of people changing to it. When it becomes cheaper we
    might change over.

    Geopelia, Oct 25, 2010
  11. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Gib Bogle" <> wrote in message
    > On 24/10/2010 11:11 p.m., Geopelia wrote:
    >> I see there is now something called Bing which will play videos.
    >>
    >> I can't get youtube on dial up as it takes much too long to load. Would
    >> Bing
    >> be quicker?
    >> If so, is there any way to change youtube to Bing please?
    >>
    >> I can't think of anything else that I would want Bing for, Google is what
    >> use now for information etc.
    >> But if I wanted Bing, what would I click to get it?

    > google

    There is a lot of stuff on google, but how safe is it? It comes up "safe
    page" but would that include anything to download from google?

    Geopelia, Oct 25, 2010
  12. Geopelia

    Gordon Guest

    On 2010-10-25, Geopelia <> wrote:

    > "Gib Bogle" <> wrote in message
    >> On 24/10/2010 11:11 p.m., Geopelia wrote:
    >>> I see there is now something called Bing which will play videos.
    >>>
    >>> I can't get youtube on dial up as it takes much too long to load. Would
    >>> Bing
    >>> be quicker?
    >>> If so, is there any way to change youtube to Bing please?
    >>>
    >>> I can't think of anything else that I would want Bing for, Google is what
    >>> use now for information etc.

    Ms Soft, looks like a "fan" has not yet appeared. Bugger! ;-)

    >>> But if I wanted Bing, what would I click to get it?

    If you use MSIE, you will get Bing.

    >> google

    G, as on capital G.

    > There is a lot of stuff on google, but how safe is it? It comes up "safe
    > page" but would that include anything to download from google?

    Google, as in it search engine only, is just telling you the places you might
    like to go. Engage brain to sort out if you do?

    Make a mistake, the back button will get you out of that place.

    BTW, Bing is a child of Microsoft. Feed "Bing" into Google

    http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=Bi...m.pclinuxos:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a

    Look at that firefox in the URL, heck and also pclinuxos. (To those who
    wonder about pclinuxos, it is just a Linux distro.)

    Hey does it work for you people on other browsers and platforms? It had
    better.

    Gordon, Oct 25, 2010
  13. Geopelia

    Gordon Guest

    On 2010-10-24, Sweetpea <> wrote:
    > On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 23:11:05 +1300, Geopelia wrote:
    >
    >> I can't get youtube on dial up as it takes much too long to load. Would
    >> Bing be quicker?

    > No. All those sorts of sites are predicated on people having a broadband
    > connection.

    That was not so nice.

    Gordon, Oct 25, 2010
  14. Geopelia

    Gordon Guest

    On 2010-10-24, Geopelia <> wrote:

    > "Enkidu" <> wrote in message
    >> On 24/10/10 23:11, Geopelia wrote:
    >>> I see there is now something called Bing which will play videos.
    >>>
    >>> I can't get youtube on dial up as it takes much too long to load. Would
    >>> Bing
    >>> be quicker?
    >>> If so, is there any way to change youtube to Bing please?
    >>>
    >>> I can't think of anything else that I would want Bing for, Google is what
    >>> use now for information etc.
    >>> But if I wanted Bing, what would I click to get it?
    >>>

    >> Bing is Microsoft's search engine. I don't know about it playing videos. I
    >> reckon that it will take the same amount of time to load a video.
    >>
    >> Try : http://www.bing.com/
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >>
    >> Cliff
    >>

    > Thank you. I had a look at that, but it isn't much help.
    >
    > I also had a look at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bing_(search_engine) -
    > which describes all it can do (very good for porn, it says!) but again not
    > much help in using it.
    >
    > But if it isn't going to be much faster for videos there isn't much point in
    > changing.

    Geo, you need to understand, the difference between searching, as in where
    is the thing one looking for, and getting the article to ones machine/site.

    Mt Egmont/Taranaki is close to New Plymouth, but getting it to anywhere else

    Gordon, Oct 25, 2010
  15. Geopelia

    Gordon Guest

    On 2010-10-25, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote:
    > In message <ia25po$2su$-september.org>, Geopelia wrote:
    >
    >> There seems to be a youtube in so many emails these days.

    > They say this new-fangled broadband thing could be the future.

    You jest Lawrence, Ulata Fast Broadband is what the pushers are saying now.

    Meanwhile history will show we have just left the starting blocks, about 12
    years late, and we are not fit.

    How long does it take to get real?

    Gordon, Oct 25, 2010
  16. Geopelia

    Gordon Guest

    On 2010-10-25, Geopelia <> wrote:

    >> In message <ia25po$2su$-september.org>, Geopelia wrote:
    >>
    >>> There seems to be a youtube in so many emails these days.

    >> They say this new-fangled broadband thing could be the future.

    > There seem to be a lot of people changing to it. When it becomes cheaper we
    > might change over.

    How can I say this in a kind way? Broadband pricing is about to increase as
    the demand for ever higher speed rules. okay?

    Personally I would love the cap to be gone. I await 2020 for this.

    Gordon, Oct 25, 2010
  17. Geopelia

    Sweetpea Guest

    On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 03:38:31 +0000, Gordon wrote:

    >>> I can't get youtube on dial up as it takes much too long to load.
    >>> Would Bing be quicker?

    >> No. All those sorts of sites are predicated on people having a
    >> broadband connection.

    > That was not so nice.

    Are you suggesting that the contents of sites that require broadband
    connections - such as www.youtube.com - is easily, conveniently, and
    quickly accessible by people using dialup Internet access?

    Sweetpea, Oct 25, 2010
  18. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > On 2010-10-24, Geopelia <> wrote:
    >>
    >> "Enkidu" <> wrote in message

    >>> Bing is Microsoft's search engine. I don't know about it playing videos.
    >>> reckon that it will take the same amount of time to load a video.
    >>>
    >>> Try : http://www.bing.com/
    >>>
    >>> Cheers,
    >>>
    >>> Cliff
    >>>

    >> Thank you. I had a look at that, but it isn't much help.
    >>
    >> I also had a look at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bing_(search_engine) -
    >> which describes all it can do (very good for porn, it says!) but again
    >> not
    >> much help in using it.
    >>
    >> But if it isn't going to be much faster for videos there isn't much point
    >> in
    >> changing.
    >>

    > Geo, you need to understand, the difference between searching, as in where
    > is the thing one looking for, and getting the article to ones
    > machine/site.
    >
    > Mt Egmont/Taranaki is close to New Plymouth, but getting it to anywhere
    > else

    Hello?? Has a bit of your post got lost?

    I just type in what I'm searching for, and then click the entry that seems
    best. It seems quite simple, but odd things can happen.
    I often end up reading something that has nothing to do with what I was
    looking for.

    Geopelia, Oct 25, 2010
  19. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > On 2010-10-25, Geopelia <> wrote:
    >>
    >> "Gib Bogle" <> wrote in message

    > Ms Soft, looks like a "fan" has not yet appeared. Bugger! ;-)

    > If you use MSIE, you will get Bing.
    >>>
    >>> google

    > G, as on capital G.
    >

    >> There is a lot of stuff on google, but how safe is it? It comes up "safe
    >> page" but would that include anything to download from google?
    >>

    > Google, as in it search engine only, is just telling you the places you
    > might
    > like to go. Engage brain to sort out if you do?

    Yes, Bing Crosby is there.

    > Make a mistake, the back button will get you out of that place.
    >
    > BTW, Bing is a child of Microsoft. Feed "Bing" into Google
    >
    > http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=Bi...m.pclinuxos:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a
    >
    > Look at that firefox in the URL, heck and also pclinuxos. (To those who
    > wonder about pclinuxos, it is just a Linux distro.)
    >
    > Hey does it work for you people on other browsers and platforms? It had
    > better.

    Thank you.
    Sorry, I don't understand all the technical stuff.
    I leave it to the computer man, if it's more than just a simple click or
    two.

    Geopelia, Oct 25, 2010