    I have looked at all the Bing pages and can not find a way to get rid
    of it. Looked at window's add/remove and can not do it there.

    Anyone know a way to getrid of Bing, I will never use it?

    p4o2, Aug 4, 2010

  2. p4o2

    Buffalo Guest

    p4o2 wrote:
    > I have searched the group and found a number of requests for ways to
    > remove Bing, but no solution.
    >
    > The problem that has started just a little while ago is:
    >
    > When I logon to MSN, before my home page comes up with IE, I get the
    > Bing search page. If I wait a few minutes the home page does come up
    > but this adds to my login time.
    >
    > I have looked at all the Bing pages and can not find a way to get rid
    > of it. Looked at window's add/remove and can not do it there.
    >
    > Anyone know a way to getrid of Bing, I will never use it?

    It is a search engine and not a program, according to the link below.

    Try here:
    http://forums.pcworld.com/index.php?/topic/61591-how-do-you-remove-bing/
    Buffalo

    Buffalo, Aug 4, 2010

  3. p4o2

    chuckcar Guest

    p4o2 <> wrote in news:899c8b67-866b-4aea-8030-
    :

    > I have searched the group and found a number of requests for ways to
    > remove Bing, but no solution.
    >
    > The problem that has started just a little while ago is:
    >
    > When I logon to MSN, before my home page comes up with IE, I get the
    > Bing search page. If I wait a few minutes the home page does come up
    > but this adds to my login time.
    >
    > I have looked at all the Bing pages and can not find a way to get rid
    > of it. Looked at window's add/remove and can not do it there.
    >
    > Anyone know a way to getrid of Bing, I will never use it?

    Bing *is* the Microsoft search engine. If you're going to a page for MSN,
    you're explicitly *telling* the browser to bring it up. If you don't want
    Bing, don't use MSN. There is no other solution.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Aug 4, 2010
  4. p4o2

    Mike Easter Guest

    p4o2 wrote:
    > I have searched the group and found a number of requests for ways to
    > remove Bing, but no solution.

    You can change your browser's search engine to something other than bing.

    > When I logon to MSN,

    You don't have to logon to MSN.

    I'm not any kind of MSN registrant. When I go to http://www.msn.com/
    there is a Bing search tool there on the page.

    If I go to http://www.bing.com/ there is a similar Bing search tool on
    the page. Bing is not my default search engine.

    > before my home page comes up with IE,

    You can make your home page be blank/empty.

    > I get the
    > Bing search page. If I wait a few minutes the home page does come up
    > but this adds to my login time.

    Your login time will be the fastest with a blank home page.

    > I have looked at all the Bing pages and can not find a way to get rid
    > of it. Looked at window's add/remove and can not do it there.

    You are saying that you want your browser to be IE. Your browser wants
    you to select a default search engine.

    Your browser also wants you to have a home page - that can be blank.

    > Anyone know a way to getrid of Bing, I will never use it?

    Internet Explorer 7/ Tools/ Internet Options/ General tab - Home page
    use blank - Search: Change search defaults - button Settings - select a
    search engine such as google and click Set default.

    If you don't have a choice you like, use the 'find more providers'
    function and it will take you to a MS page to select from 6 websearch
    providers, AOL, Ask.com, Google, Lycos.com and Yahoo besides Bing.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Aug 4, 2010
  5. p4o2

    p4o2 Guest

    On Aug 4, 1:30 pm, Mike Easter <> wrote:
    > p4o2 wrote:
    > > I have searched the group and found a number of requests for ways to
    > > remove Bing, but no solution.

    > You can change your browser's search engine to something other than bing.
    >
    > > When I logon to MSN,

    > You don't have to logon to MSN.
    >
    > I'm not any kind of MSN registrant. When I go tohttp://www.msn.com/
    > there is a Bing search tool there on the page.
    >
    > If I go tohttp://www.bing.com/there is a similar Bing search tool on
    > the page. Bing is not my default search engine.
    >
    > > before my home page comes up with IE,

    > You can make your home page be blank/empty.
    >
    > > I get the
    > > Bing search page. If I wait a few minutes the home page does come up
    > > but this adds to my login time.

    > Your login time will be the fastest with a blank home page.
    >
    > > I have looked at all the Bing pages and can not find a way to get rid
    > > of it. Looked at window's add/remove and can not do it there.

    > You are saying that you want your browser to be IE.  Your browser wants
    > you to select a default search engine.
    >
    > Your browser also wants you to have a home page - that can be blank.
    >
    > > Anyone know a way to getrid of Bing, I will never use it?

    > Internet Explorer 7/ Tools/ Internet Options/ General tab - Home page
    > use blank - Search: Change search defaults - button Settings - select a
    > search engine such as google and click Set default.
    >
    > If you don't have a choice you like, use the 'find more providers'
    > function and it will take you to a MS page to select from 6 websearch
    > providers, AOL, Ask.com, Google, Lycos.com and Yahoo besides Bing.
    >
    > --
    > Mike Easter

    I am using MSN Dial-up so MSN is where I need to go at sign-in.

    The browser I get is MSN Exployer and I can not find tools on it.

    Maybe since it is MSN Exployer, Bing is not going to be able to be
    removed?

    I can minimize the MSN Exployer and open IE8 and avoid Bing.

    p4o2, Aug 5, 2010
  6. p4o2

    Mike Easter Guest

    p4o2 wrote:

    > I am using MSN Dial-up so MSN is where I need to go at sign-in.
    >
    > The browser I get is MSN Exployer and I can not find tools on it.

    Ooohh.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSN_Explorer MSN Explorer is a web
    browser, developed by Microsoft, that integrates MSN and Windows Live
    features such as Windows Live Hotmail and Windows Live Messenger with a
    web browser. To make use of these services requires a Windows Live ID

    MSN Internet Access is now dubbed as MSN 9 Dial-Up, which is still
    available to the public. Membership includes use of an exclusive MSN
    Browser, parental controls, McAfee firewall protection, and more.

    You are also logging into googlegroups with a webtv address account.

    http://www.webtv.com/pc/get/dial_service.asp MSN TV dial-up services
    are available as a local call in most areas.

    > Maybe since it is MSN Exployer, Bing is not going to be able to be
    > removed?
    >
    > I can minimize the MSN Exployer and open IE8 and avoid Bing.

    I'm not familiar with all of the rules and regs you are supposed to play
    by when you are MSN TV dialup + MSN Explorer. At first glance, it would
    seem that you 'belong to' MS and its software and interface, similar to
    the way AOL used to do.

    Here is a non-MS website that gives you some faq/s from a perspective
    besides MS's http://www.dslreports.com/faq/msnetwork MSN Forum FAQ

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Aug 5, 2010