BIND 9.3.2 DNS server on Windows x64

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Angela, Jun 27, 2006.

  1. Angela

    Angela Guest

    Hi,

    I'm trying to install BIND 9.3.2 on a Windows x64 system. I'm having
    problems with account permissions for the 'named' user account.

    The event log shows:

    starting BIND 9.3.2
    found 1 CPU, using 1 worker thread
    listening on IPv4 interface Loopback Interface 1, 127.0.0.1#53
    listening on IPv4 interface TCP/IP Interface 2, 192.168.7.2#53
    command channel listening on 127.0.0.1#53
    couldn't open pid file 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\dns\etc\named.pid': Permission
    denied
    exiting (due to early fatal error)

    Having tried various ways to give BIND 'permission' to write files and
    failed I have to ask is there anyone out there using BIND on Windows x64 who
    can help me get the server started please?

    (I've cross posted to comp.protocols.dns.bind but most users there seem to
    be Linux users)

    Angela

    Angela, Jun 27, 2006