    Im currently studying for the MCSA qualification, does
    anyone know how much info I will need to learn on Binary
    with regards to TCP/IP??
    Darren, Oct 10, 2003

  2. Darren

    discostu Guest

    There are 10 type of people in the world. Those that
    understand binary and those that don't

    discostu, Oct 10, 2003

  3. Darren

    Rick Guest

    Tooo Funny 10 that is 2 in binary.
    To answer your question you don't need to know too much about binary. If you
    learn how to use the windows caculator to convert Decimal to Binary it is
    quite simple. There are plenty of good text out there on caculating subnet
    mask etc... someone may even be nice and post the links on this thread.
    Since MS purged the news groups you can not search for this information (it
    has been posted many times before)

    Rick
    Rick, Oct 10, 2003
  4. Darren

    JaR Guest

    "Rick" <> wrote in message
    > Tooo Funny 10 that is 2 in binary.
    > To answer your question you don't need to know too much about binary. If

    you
    > learn how to use the windows caculator to convert Decimal to Binary it is
    > quite simple. There are plenty of good text out there on caculating subnet
    > mask etc... someone may even be nice and post the links on this thread.
    > Since MS purged the news groups you can not search for this information

    (it
    > has been posted many times before)
    >
    > Rick

    http://www.learntosubnet.com/

    J.R. Jones
    JaR, Oct 10, 2003
  5. Darren

    Flicker Guest

    if you want to pass M$ exam then you must know binary, subnetting with just
    a pencil and a piece of paper. Otherwise you have free s/w to do the
    calculation for you.

    Flicker, Oct 10, 2003