    where everything is converted into a 1 or 0 etc - a little bit stuck!

    Thanks in Advance
    Nick

    nickyboy, Aug 19, 2003

  2. nickyboy

    °Mike° Guest

    Re-download the files, with the correct setting.

    On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 10:36:46 +0100, in
    <Ddm0b.16039$>
    nickyboy scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 19, 2003

  3. nickyboy

    nickyboy Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > Re-download the files, with the correct setting.

    (I've corrected your top posting)...
    That didn't really answer the question, but it was a nice try!

    Thanks
    nickyboy

    nickyboy, Aug 20, 2003
  4. nickyboy wrote:

    >> On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 10:36:46 +0100, in
    >> <Ddm0b.16039$>
    >> nickyboy scrawled:
    >>
    >> >I've managed to download a few files using the wrong file type (for FTP
    >> >download) - does anyone know of a tool smart enough to try and correct

    > the
    >> >majority of the issues / changes caused by downloading with the wrong

    > file
    >> >type?
    >> >I've have a look with Google but often end up with just Binary
    >> >converters where everything is converted into a 1 or 0 etc - a little
    >> >bit stuck!
    >> >
    >> >Thanks in Advance
    >> >Nick
    >> >

    > "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Re-download the files, with the correct setting.
    >>

    > (I've corrected your top posting)...
    > That didn't really answer the question, but it was a nice try!
    >
    > Thanks
    > nickyboy

    Yes, it did. The files CANNOT BE FIXED. The ONLY recovery is to delete them
    and grab them again with your FTP program set correctly.

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, Aug 20, 2003
  5. nickyboy

    °Mike° Guest

    (I've corrected your bottom posting)...

    I answered your question. If you don't like the answer, then
    find a better one elsewhere.

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 15:57:17 +0100, in
    <g%L0b.15901$>
    nickyboy scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 20, 2003
  6. nickyboy

    nickyboy Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > (I've corrected your bottom posting)...
    >
    > I answered your question. If you don't like the answer, then
    > find a better one elsewhere.

    Garry answered the question, you didn't! :p

    nickyboy, Aug 20, 2003
  7. nickyboy

    nickyboy Guest

    "Gary G. Taylor" <> wrote in message
    > nickyboy wrote:
    >

    > >> On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 10:36:46 +0100, in
    > >> <Ddm0b.16039$>
    > >> nickyboy scrawled:

    FTP

    > > the

    > > file

    > > "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > >> Re-download the files, with the correct setting.
    > >>

    > > (I've corrected your top posting)...
    > > That didn't really answer the question, but it was a nice try!
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > nickyboy

    > Yes, it did. The files CANNOT BE FIXED. The ONLY recovery is to delete

    them
    > and grab them again with your FTP program set correctly.

    Thanks very much! :)

    nickyboy, Aug 20, 2003
  8. nickyboy

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 23:18:51 +0100, in
    <5uS0b.16256$>
    nickyboy scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> (I've corrected your bottom posting)...
    >>
    >> I answered your question. If you don't like the answer, then
    >> find a better one elsewhere.
    >>

    >Garry answered the question, you didn't! :p

    What part of " Re-download the files, with the correct setting."
    didn't you understand?

    °Mike°, Aug 21, 2003
  9. nickyboy

    nickyboy Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 23:18:51 +0100, in
    > <5uS0b.16256$>
    > nickyboy scrawled:
    >
    > >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > >> (I've corrected your bottom posting)...
    > >>
    > >> I answered your question. If you don't like the answer, then
    > >> find a better one elsewhere.
    > >>

    > >Garry answered the question, you didn't! :p

    > What part of " Re-download the files, with the correct setting."
    > didn't you understand?

    I undersand how to download files, but that wasn't what my question was
    about, my question was about an application / tool that maybe able to
    convert files that were downloaded with the wrong file type. If there isn't
    such thing then that's fine, but downloading again wouldn't be the same as
    converting files that have been transfered with the wrong type.

    Thanks for your time though! :)
    nickyboy

    nickyboy, Aug 21, 2003
  10. nickyboy

    °Mike° Guest

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 02:01:22 +0100, in
    <DRU0b.16350$>
    nickyboy scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 23:18:51 +0100, in
    >> <5uS0b.16256$>
    >> nickyboy scrawled:
    >>
    >> >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    >> >Garry answered the question, you didn't! :p

    >> What part of " Re-download the files, with the correct setting."
    >> didn't you understand?

    >I undersand how to download files, but that wasn't what my question was
    >about, my question was about an application / tool that maybe able to
    >convert files that were downloaded with the wrong file type. If there isn't
    >such thing then that's fine, but downloading again wouldn't be the same as
    >converting files that have been transfered with the wrong type.
    >
    >Thanks for your time though! :)
    >nickyboy

    You clearly stated: "I've managed to download a few files using the
    wrong file type." Even Gary told you that my reply answered your
    question, after you said it didn't. The fact that I told you to
    re-download the files was clue enough, or at least it should have
    been.

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance