    file? What program can I use to access these type of files?

    --
    Global_Killa

    Global_Killa, Mar 4, 2004

  2. Global_Killa

    VWWall Guest

    Global_Killa wrote:

    > Hey,
    > Does anyone know what a .bin file is? Is it some kind of compressed
    > file? What program can I use to access these type of files?

    a .bin file is a binary file. It can contain anything which
    needs to be saved in a format which outputs the original
    sequence of code.

    A .bin file is often used for things like BIOS updates, and
    up-dates to virus protection programs. It may contain ASCII
    strings which can give a hint of what the file is for. If you
    try to examine it in most editors, the "control codes" it may
    contain will mess up the display.

    To examine a .bin file open it in a hex editor, and examine the
    ASCII characters, usually shown to the right of the native code.

    Virg Wall
    --

    It is vain to do with more
    what can be done with fewer.

    VWWall, Mar 4, 2004

  3. Global_Killa

    Michael-NC Guest

    Usually a CD image file. You can mount the image with Daemon Tools and turn
    the image into a virtual CD drive.

    http://www.daemon-tools.cc/portal/portal.php

    Michael-NC, Mar 5, 2004
  4. Global_Killa

    Global_Killa Guest

    "Michael-NC" <> wrote in message
    > Usually a CD image file. You can mount the image with Daemon Tools and

    turn
    > the image into a virtual CD drive.
    >
    > http://www.daemon-tools.cc/portal/portal.php

    Thanks Michael, your a star. Works greate.

    --
    Global_Killa

    Global_Killa, Mar 5, 2004