    650MB, so if it'll fit, I'd like to put it on a zip disk (resuable).
    Any info would be appreciated.
    Michael

    Michael, Nov 20, 2004

  2. Michael

    Plato Guest

    Michael wrote:

    > Is there a freeware program that would let me extract a cd image
    > file so I can copy it to a zip disc? Not all CD images are a full
    > 650MB, so if it'll fit, I'd like to put it on a zip disk (resuable).

    Cd image files are only files, and can be copied to any medium that can
    handle the size.
    However, you cant burn a cd image to anything but a cd as far as I know.

    Plato, Nov 20, 2004

  3. Michael

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Nov 20, 2004
  4. Michael

    Trent© Guest

    On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 15:25:14 GMT, Michael
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    > Is there a freeware program that would let me extract a cd image
    >file so I can copy it to a zip disc? Not all CD images are a full
    >650MB, so if it'll fit, I'd like to put it on a zip disk (resuable).
    >Any info would be appreciated.
    >Michael

    I use WinImage. But I've had it for a long time...don't even know if
    its still around.

    It could be that WinRar and WinZip even do that now. Don't
    know...haven't tried it.

    Have a nice one...

    Trent

    Trent©, Nov 28, 2004
  5. Michael

    James Hanley Guest

    Michael <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi,
    > Is there a freeware program that would let me extract a cd image
    > file so I can copy it to a zip disc? Not all CD images are a full
    > 650MB, so if it'll fit, I'd like to put it on a zip disk (resuable).
    > Any info would be appreciated.
    > Michael

    if it's not a bootable cd, then just copy the files over normally.

    if it is a bootable cd, then I don't think there is a reliable
    freeware program that does it. There's a program called WinISO that
    sometimes corrupt the boot image of bootable ISOs. The programs ppl
    use are Magic ISO and Ultra ISO. You can download trials.

    James Hanley, Dec 5, 2004