    Terry Belton

    Please reply in the newsgroup - not via email.
    Note: Email to 'news' gets rejected - use 'abuse' instead.

    Terry Belton, Sep 7, 2005

  2. Terry Belton

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Terry Belton" <> wrote in message
    news:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Does anyone in the group use a Billion BIPAC 7100SV VoIP
    > ADSL modem router?
    >
    > I'm trying to get mine to work with Gradwell's VoIP
    > service and I don't understand all the parameters.

    I don't know the device, but I might be able to help with parameters,
    which ones are you having trouble with..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 7, 2005

  3. Terry Belton

    Terry Belton Guest

    In message <>, Ivor Jones
    <> writes

    >"Terry Belton" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Does anyone in the group use a Billion BIPAC 7100SV VoIP
    >> ADSL modem router?
    >>
    >> I'm trying to get mine to work with Gradwell's VoIP
    >> service and I don't understand all the parameters.

    >I don't know the device, but I might be able to help with parameters,
    >which ones are you having trouble with..?
    >
    >Ivor

    Thanks for the reply.

    I'm having trouble with a lot of them.

    If it's too much trouble I will give up and close the account with
    Gradwell.

    I've copied the screens and they can be viewed at:
    http://www.notleb.demon.co.uk/billion/index.html

    Here's the info I got from Gradwell's welcome email:
    We are pleased to provide you with the following details:

    Your phone number: 01xxx xxxxxx [xxx replace digits]
    Your VoIP extension number: 1234567 [a seven digit number]
    Your user name: 1234567 [same seven digit number]

    Your SIP password: abcdefg [my password]
    Your voicemail pin code: 1234 [a pin]

    To start using VoIP, configure your VoIP hardware or software phone
    to use "sip.gradwell.net" as the domain, and "sip.gradwell.net:5060"
    as the SIP proxy. If you are behind a NAT gateway (e.g. if you
    are using a 192.168.x IP address on your PC or SIP phone) then you
    should use "nat.gradwell.net:5082" as the outbound proxy.

    Now I'm lost!

    Terry Belton, Sep 7, 2005
  4. Terry Belton

    Ian Guest

    > In message <>, Ivor Jones
    > <> writes
    > >

    > >"Terry Belton" <> wrote in message
    > >> Hello,
    > >>
    > >> Does anyone in the group use a Billion BIPAC 7100SV VoIP
    > >> ADSL modem router?
    > >>
    > >> I'm trying to get mine to work with Gradwell's VoIP
    > >> service and I don't understand all the parameters.

    > >I don't know the device, but I might be able to help with parameters,
    > >which ones are you having trouble with..?
    > >
    > >Ivor
    > >

    > Thanks for the reply.
    >
    > I'm having trouble with a lot of them.
    >
    > If it's too much trouble I will give up and close the account with
    > Gradwell.
    >
    > I've copied the screens and they can be viewed at:
    > http://www.notleb.demon.co.uk/billion/index.html
    >
    > Here's the info I got from Gradwell's welcome email:
    > We are pleased to provide you with the following details:
    >
    > Your phone number: 01xxx xxxxxx [xxx replace digits]
    > Your VoIP extension number: 1234567 [a seven digit number]
    > Your user name: 1234567 [same seven digit number]
    >
    > Your SIP password: abcdefg [my password]
    > Your voicemail pin code: 1234 [a pin]
    >

    > To start using VoIP, configure your VoIP hardware or software phone
    > to use "sip.gradwell.net" as the domain, and "sip.gradwell.net:5060"
    > as the SIP proxy. If you are behind a NAT gateway (e.g. if you
    > are using a 192.168.x IP address on your PC or SIP phone) then you
    > should use "nat.gradwell.net:5082" as the outbound proxy.
    >
    > Now I'm lost!
    > --
    > Terry Belton

    Hi Terry

    I cannot see what is the problem is? Have you set it up and it doesnt work
    or you are not sure how to set it up.
    I assume that you have contacted support at Gradwell if its not working ?But
    their sevice is pretty standard.
    As to setting up the Billion If you follow the manual its quite staright
    forward.
    Just fill in the relevent sections. which are pages 30 onwards.
    You may need to check with gradwell to see if authentificating is md5 or
    plain.

    basicly you would set the registrar and proxy address to sip.gradwell.net
    and the registrar and proxy port to 5060.
    Then set outbound proxy to nat.gradwell.net and the port to 5082

    I havent supplied any of the 7100sv routers bt have supplied lot sof other
    Billion routers and they are simple to setup normally.

    Ian
    www.cyber-cottage.co.uk

    Ian, Sep 7, 2005
  5. Terry Belton

    Dave Gill Guest

    "Ian" <spam"AT"bathfordhill.co.uk> wrote:

    > Then set outbound proxy to nat.gradwell.net and the port to 5082

    Would there be any point in doing that for a device not using NAT?

    Dave Gill, Sep 7, 2005
  6. Terry Belton

    Ian Guest

    "Dave Gill" <> wrote in message
    > "Ian" <spam"AT"bathfordhill.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    > > Then set outbound proxy to nat.gradwell.net and the port to 5082

    > Would there be any point in doing that for a device not using NAT?

    If its definately not using nat thn no, But it does no harm to set it.

    Ian

    Ian, Sep 7, 2005
  7. Terry Belton

    Terry Belton Guest

    In message <>, Ian
    <spam@?.co.uk.invalid> writes

    >"Terry Belton" <> wrote in message
    >> In message <>, Ivor Jones
    >> <> writes
    >> >

    >> >"Terry Belton" <> wrote in message

    >> >I don't know the device, but I might be able to help with parameters,
    >> >which ones are you having trouble with..?
    >> >
    >> >Ivor
    >> >

    >> Thanks for the reply.
    >>
    >> I'm having trouble with a lot of them.
    >>
    >> If it's too much trouble I will give up and close the account with
    >> Gradwell.
    >>
    >> I've copied the screens and they can be viewed at:
    >> http://www.notleb.demon.co.uk/billion/index.html
    >>
    >> Here's the info I got from Gradwell's welcome email:
    >> We are pleased to provide you with the following details:
    >>
    >> Your phone number: 01xxx xxxxxx [xxx replace digits]
    >> Your VoIP extension number: 1234567 [a seven digit number]
    >> Your user name: 1234567 [same seven digit number]
    >>
    >> Your SIP password: abcdefg [my password]
    >> Your voicemail pin code: 1234 [a pin]
    >>

    >> To start using VoIP, configure your VoIP hardware or software phone
    >> to use "sip.gradwell.net" as the domain, and "sip.gradwell.net:5060"
    >> as the SIP proxy. If you are behind a NAT gateway (e.g. if you
    >> are using a 192.168.x IP address on your PC or SIP phone) then you
    >> should use "nat.gradwell.net:5082" as the outbound proxy.
    >>
    >> Now I'm lost!
    >> --
    >> Terry Belton

    >Hi Terry
    >
    >I cannot see what is the problem is? Have you set it up and it doesnt work
    >or you are not sure how to set it up.
    >I assume that you have contacted support at Gradwell if its not working ?But
    >their sevice is pretty standard.
    >As to setting up the Billion If you follow the manual its quite staright
    >forward.
    >Just fill in the relevent sections. which are pages 30 onwards.
    >You may need to check with gradwell to see if authentificating is md5 or
    >plain.
    >
    >basicly you would set the registrar and proxy address to sip.gradwell.net
    >and the registrar and proxy port to 5060.
    >Then set outbound proxy to nat.gradwell.net and the port to 5082
    >
    >I havent supplied any of the 7100sv routers bt have supplied lot sof other
    >Billion routers and they are simple to setup normally.
    >
    >Ian
    >www.cyber-cottage.co.uk

    Gradwell sent me an email and it said:

    Billion Bipac 7100SV router setup help please

    Hi Terry,

    I have had a look at your configuration screens.
    Please make the following changes:

    Sip Service Provider Configuration screen.
    Registrar Port = 5060
    Proxy Port = 5060

    I typed these in and I am online. Many thanks everyone for your input.

    With all good wishes,

    Terry Belton, Sep 7, 2005