    but that download link turned out to be dead. So does anyone have this or
    know where i can find it? Thanks
    Z A
    Zu Arsschlaark!, Mar 14, 2009

  2. Zu Arsschlaark!

    Mike Easter Guest

    Zu Arsschlaark! wrote:
    > I'm looking for this old screensaver which i like. It has a shifty
    > looking guy in a long coat walking around the desktop sticking up
    > posters at random all over the place until the screen gets full. Google
    > gave one link to it but that download link turned out to be dead. So
    > does anyone have this or know where i can find it? Thanks

    What is the dead link?

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Mar 14, 2009

  3. Zu Arsschlaark!

    Mike Easter Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > Zu Arsschlaark! wrote:
    >> I'm looking for this old screensaver which i like. It has a shifty
    >> looking guy in a long coat walking around the desktop sticking up
    >> posters at random all over the place until the screen gets full. Google
    >> gave one link to it but that download link turned out to be dead. So
    >> does anyone have this or know where i can find it? Thanks

    > What is the dead link?

    Presumably this is the link to the dead link
    http://website.lineone.net/~mattyk/saver.htm Bill Posters - Bill (I'm
    just guessing that this is his name) walks across your screen and posts
    various posters all over it (the name really speaks for itself doesn't
    it?) - <dead link> http://members.xoom.com/jakes_page/ssaver/billpost.zip

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Mar 14, 2009
  4. Zu Arsschlaark!

    PeeCee Guest

    "Zu Arsschlaark!" <> wrote in message

    > I'm looking for this old screensaver which i like. It has a shifty looking
    > guy in a long coat walking around the desktop sticking up posters at
    > random all over the place until the screen gets full. Google gave one link
    > to it but that download link turned out to be dead. So does anyone have
    > this or know where i can find it? Thanks
    > Z A

    Looks like it's for a C64
    http://globalfilesearch.com/download.aspx?path=gnjilux.srk.fer.hr/pub/c64/games/b/billpost.zip

    Paul.
    PeeCee, Mar 14, 2009
  5. "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    > Zu Arsschlaark! wrote:
    >> I'm looking for this old screensaver which i like. It has a shifty
    >> looking guy in a long coat walking around the desktop sticking up
    >> posters at random all over the place until the screen gets full. Google
    >> gave one link to it but that download link turned out to be dead. So
    >> does anyone have this or know where i can find it? Thanks

    > What is the dead link?
    >

    > --
    > Mike Easter

    The dead link is

    http://members.xoom.com/jakes_page/ssaver/billpost.zip
    Zu Arsschlaark!, Mar 14, 2009
  6. "PeeCee" <> wrote in message
    > "Zu Arsschlaark!" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I'm looking for this old screensaver which i like. It has a shifty
    >> looking guy in a long coat walking around the desktop sticking up posters
    >> at random all over the place until the screen gets full. Google gave one
    >> link to it but that download link turned out to be dead. So does anyone
    >> have this or know where i can find it? Thanks
    >> Z A
    >>

    > Looks like it's for a C64
    > http://globalfilesearch.com/download.aspx?path=gnjilux.srk.fer.hr/pub/c64/games/b/billpost.zip
    >
    > Paul.

    Nope ..
    Zu Arsschlaark!, Mar 14, 2009
  7. "Zu Arsschlaark!" <> wrote in message

    > "PeeCee" <> wrote in message
    >> "Zu Arsschlaark!" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> I'm looking for this old screensaver which i like. It has a shifty
    >>> looking guy in a long coat walking around the desktop sticking up
    >>> posters at random all over the place until the screen gets full. Google
    >>> gave one link to it but that download link turned out to be dead. So
    >>> does anyone have this or know where i can find it? Thanks
    >>> Z A
    >>>

    >> Looks like it's for a C64
    >> http://globalfilesearch.com/download.aspx?path=gnjilux.srk.fer.hr/pub/c64/games/b/billpost.zip
    >>
    >> Paul.

    > Nope ..

    It is in fact for a device that resembles your username
    Zu Arsschlaark!, Mar 14, 2009
  8. Zu Arsschlaark!

    chuckcar Guest

    "Zu Arsschlaark!" <> wrote in

    > "Zu Arsschlaark!" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "PeeCee" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Zu Arsschlaark!" <> wrote in message

    >>> Looks like it's for a C64
    >>> http://globalfilesearch.com/download.aspx?path=gnjilux.srk.fer.hr/pub/c
    >>> 64/games/b/billpost.zip
    >>>
    >>> Paul.

    >> Nope ..
    >>

    > It is in fact for a device that resembles your username

    Which the C64 was one of. Along with the Macintosh and any other home
    computer by definition. The term you're looking for is IBM PC Clone or
    compatible.

    The point of a screensaver is to save the phosphor coating on the inside
    of the front surface of a CRT from "burning in" a permanent image of the
    MS windows desktop. There are two easy ways to achieve this: 1. shut down
    the computer when you're not using it - your computer will behave better
    and your hard drive will last longer as well as a result due to it
    spinning for fewer hours in a year. Your hydro bill will go down too. 2.
    If for short periods of less than a couple of hours have it blank the
    screen as this saves the coating completely. Alternatively #2 could be
    replaced by standby as this makes the hard drive last even longer and
    reduces power usage more.

    --

    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Mar 15, 2009
  9. Zu Arsschlaark!

    > "Zu Arsschlaark!" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "PeeCee" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Zu Arsschlaark!" <> wrote in message

    >>> Looks like it's for a C64
    >>> http://globalfilesearch.com/download.aspx?path=gnjilux.srk.fer.hr/pub/c64/games/b/billpost.zip
    >>>
    >>> Paul.

    >> Nope ..
    >>

    > It is in fact for a device that resembles your username

    The comment was based on all the links I found having "C64" in the path name
    and lots of references to Commodore 64 personal computers.
    There 'may' have been a IBM PC version, but if there was it looks as though
    ti may have sunk out of sight.
    Google searches for 'billpost.scr' and 'billpost.exe' turn up nothing.

    A C64 emulator would allow it to run on a PC.

    PC.
    PeeCee, Mar 15, 2009

  10. >>

    > Which the C64 was one of.

    LOL

    > The term you're looking for is IBM PC Clone or
    > compatible.

    OK

    > The point of a screensaver is to ...

    I'm aware of all that, I'm set to no screensaver whatsoever nowadays, HD and
    monitor power off after a while, but all i wanted to do was to see this
    screensaver again. Is that so wrong?
    Zu Arsschlaark!, Mar 15, 2009

  11. > A C64 emulator would allow it to run on a PC.

    It's for the IBM PC
    Zu Arsschlaark!, Mar 15, 2009
  12. Zu Arsschlaark!

    chuckcar Guest

    "Zu Arsschlaark!" <> wrote in

    >> Which the C64 was one of.

    > LOL

    Laught if you like, I could care less. It's not my job to stop people
    from looking like idiots. It's still true in any case.

    >> The term you're looking for is IBM PC Clone or
    >> compatible.

    > OK
    >

    >> The point of a screensaver is to ...

    > I'm aware of all that, I'm set to no screensaver whatsoever nowadays, HD
    > and monitor power off after a while, but all i wanted to do was to see
    > this screensaver again. Is that so wrong?

    No, but if it doesn't exist on the net, you may not have a choice. If I
    were you, I'd try places like the simtel archives and ftp sites. I did a
    search, and had worse luck.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Mar 15, 2009
  13. Zu Arsschlaark!

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 23:20:22 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >Laught if you like, I could care less. It's not my job to stop people
    >from looking like idiots. It's still true in any case.

    Laught?

    First work on making yourself not look like an idiot.
    Evan Platt, Mar 16, 2009
  14. Zu Arsschlaark!

    Guest

    chuckcar <> wrote:

    >The point of a screensaver is to save the phosphor coating on the inside
    >of the front surface of a CRT from "burning in" a permanent image of the
    >MS windows desktop. There are two easy ways to achieve this: 1. shut down
    >the computer when you're not using it - your computer will behave better
    >and your hard drive will last longer as well as a result due to it
    >spinning for fewer hours in a year. Your hydro bill will go down too. 2.
    >If for short periods of less than a couple of hours have it blank the
    >screen as this saves the coating completely. Alternatively #2 could be
    >replaced by standby as this makes the hard drive last even longer and
    >reduces power usage more.

    Obligatory "your an idiot post".

    Why did you post what the OP is already aware of? I won't point out
    the errors of the above.

    --

    (Click on the dog house)
    http://amanita-design.net/samorost-2/
  15. Zu Arsschlaark!

    thanatoid Guest

    chuckcar <> wrote in

    > "Zu Arsschlaark!" <> wrote in
    >

    >>> Which the C64 was one of.

    >> LOL
    >>

    > Laught if you like, I could care less.

    COULDN'T care less.
    That is ONE English mistake I do NOT let /anyone/ get away with.
    ;-)

    <SNIP>

    --
    "Who knows what the OP is talking about?"
    (about thanatoid)
    thanatoid, Mar 16, 2009