    Sincerely
    Michael Cahan, CEO
    http://www.cahanconsulting.com

    Michael Cahan, Oct 25, 2003

  2. Michael Cahan

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Michael Cahan continued:

    > Hi,
    >
    > My name is Michael Cahan, founder and CEO of CahanConsulting. We
    > repair and troubleshoot computer related problems and setup new
    > networks for fortune 500 companies as well as residential home
    > offices. We provide free estimates and cover all of the Los Angeles
    > area. We have a large staff of professional technicians and network
    > engineers and we have low low prices. If you want it fixed right the
    > first time then call us at>
    > Sincerely
    > Michael Cahan, CEO

    Oh dear - don't seem to have much idea about Usenet do you ?
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Oct 25, 2003

  3. Michael Cahan

    trout Guest

    Michael Cahan wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > My name is Michael Cahan, founder and CEO of CahanConsulting. We
    > repair and troubleshoot computer related problems and

    ...spam newsgroups.

    --
    "Why do people try to solicit business by proving that they have no
    ethics?"

    trout, Oct 25, 2003
  4. Lumpy, please dont repost the spam..

    NewKillerStar, Oct 25, 2003
  5. Michael Cahan

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as NewKillerStar continued:

    > Lumpy, please dont repost the spam..

    Read the post, see the lack of telephone numbers, email addresses or
    links, then post back and tell me not to repost it.
    Otherwise shut the **** up and get my name right if you think you can
    attack me.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Oct 25, 2003
  6. Attack you? You misunderstand Slinky.
    (ps, dont repost it)

    NewKillerStar, Oct 25, 2003
  7. Michael Cahan

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as NewKillerStar continued:

    > Attack you? You misunderstand Slinky.
    > (ps, dont repost it)

    hope you can swim...
    *plonk*
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Oct 25, 2003
  8. Oh I can, I been thrown in better threads than this, thanks for playing...

    NewKillerStar, Oct 25, 2003
  9. Michael Cahan wrote:

    > Hi,

    (Posted and emailed)

    Boy, did YOU spam the wrong newsgroup.

    One could possibly excuse the spam that you posted to 24housupport.helpdesk
    as the work of a newbie.

    Almost.

    But then there is the subject line: BILL GATES NEEDS HELP. Nothing to do
    with the subject of the message and intentionally misleading, intended to
    get people to read your message who would otherwise ignore it because it's
    spam.

    Therefore, you are a spammer. Your obfuscation of your message with a
    standard email spam trick shows clearly that you know that spam is not
    permitted in Usenet.

    LARTs (Luser Attitude Readjustment Tools) are off to your host provider,
    DSLextreme; and to Godaddy, your domain registrar. As it turns out, Godaddy
    takes a VERY dim view of any of its registrants spamming, and you will lose
    your domain registration pronto--it's in their TOS/AUP, in case you'd care
    to go to their website (while you still have an Internet connection, that
    is) and read it.

    DON'T SPAM.

    And don't bother mailbombing this address either, it's a throaway that I use
    solely for messages of this sort.

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, Oct 25, 2003
  10. Michael Cahan

    AK Guest

    It is very reassuring to know that there are people like you that can
    unearth ground-worms like the BILL GATES dude and expose him for what he is.
    I'm really impressed with you lot. Keep up the good work. Hope I don't get
    SPAMED for saying this?
    "Gary G. Taylor" <> wrote in message
    > Michael Cahan wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,

    > (Posted and emailed)
    >
    > Boy, did YOU spam the wrong newsgroup.
    >
    > One could possibly excuse the spam that you posted to

    24housupport.helpdesk
    > as the work of a newbie.
    >
    > Almost.
    >
    > But then there is the subject line: BILL GATES NEEDS HELP. Nothing to do
    > with the subject of the message and intentionally misleading, intended to
    > get people to read your message who would otherwise ignore it because it's
    > spam.
    >
    > Therefore, you are a spammer. Your obfuscation of your message with a
    > standard email spam trick shows clearly that you know that spam is not
    > permitted in Usenet.
    >
    > LARTs (Luser Attitude Readjustment Tools) are off to your host provider,
    > DSLextreme; and to Godaddy, your domain registrar. As it turns out,

    Godaddy
    > takes a VERY dim view of any of its registrants spamming, and you will

    lose
    > your domain registration pronto--it's in their TOS/AUP, in case you'd care
    > to go to their website (while you still have an Internet connection, that
    > is) and read it.
    >
    > DON'T SPAM.
    >
    > And don't bother mailbombing this address either, it's a throaway that I

    use
    > solely for messages of this sort.
    >

    > --
    > Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
    > gary at donavan dot org / http:// geetee dot donavan dot org
    > "The two most abundant things in the universe
    > are hydrogen and stupidity." --Harlan Ellison

    ---

    AK, Oct 25, 2003
  11. Michael Cahan

    Ralph Mann Guest

    AK said:

    > It is very reassuring to know that there are people like you that can
    > unearth ground-worms like the BILL GATES dude and expose him for what he is.
    > I'm really impressed with you lot. Keep up the good work. Hope I don't get
    > SPAMED for saying this?

    Mung your address, that way you *can't* get spammed.

    Ralph Mann, Oct 25, 2003
  12. It was on Sat, 25 Oct 2003 11:26:30 -0700, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that Michael Cahan made this utterance:

    > Hi,
    >
    > My name is Michael Cahan, founder and CEO of CahanConsulting.

    I don't use Gatesware, & my OS doesn't need your shit.

    LARTs launched.

    William Poaster, Oct 25, 2003
  13. Michael Cahan

    Mara Guest

    On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 23:27:46 +0100, William Poaster wrote:

    >It was on Sat, 25 Oct 2003 11:26:30 -0700, just as I was halfway through a
    >large jam doughnut, that Michael Cahan made this utterance:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> My name is Michael Cahan, founder and CEO of CahanConsulting.

    >I don't use Gatesware, & my OS doesn't need your shit.

    You've heard, haven't you, that M$ is going to once-a-month updates?

    Interesting. Suppose a virus written for an exploit in, say, IE, hits on the
    5th, and M$ doesn't send out a fix until the 30th?

    Hmmm.

    I rank that just about as high as AOL changing their user's settings, on their
    user's machines, without telling them a word about it. Not a peep.

    "Man, I'm glad I have a router. Among other things."

    --
    <fnord> (AB deserves to get paid more than me; I just deal with
    machines, he deals with lusers)

    Mara, Oct 25, 2003
  14. You use a antivirus, Maron..

    NewKillerStar, Oct 26, 2003
  15. It was on Sat, 25 Oct 2003 17:38:56 -0500, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that Mara made this utterance:

    > On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 23:27:46 +0100, William Poaster wrote:
    >
    >>It was on Sat, 25 Oct 2003 11:26:30 -0700, just as I was halfway through
    >>a large jam doughnut, that Michael Cahan made this utterance:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> My name is Michael Cahan, founder and CEO of CahanConsulting.

    >>I don't use Gatesware, & my OS doesn't need your shit.

    > You've heard, haven't you, that M$ is going to once-a-month updates?

    M$ only doing once-a-month updates?
    So....it would seem that BG was lying when he said :-
    "MS is also fixing problems much faster than it used to.
    We've gone from little over 40 hours on average to 24 hours."
    What's the point in that, if they only update once a month?
    They're just going to rely on other people to fix their
    vulnerabilities, like AV software companies?

    > Interesting. Suppose a virus written for an exploit in, say, IE, hits on
    > the 5th, and M$ doesn't send out a fix until the 30th?
    >
    > Hmmm.

    Yes, I'm glad I don't use the OS.

    "Nor have to buy other programs to prop it up"

    > I rank that just about as high as AOL changing their user's settings, on
    > their user's machines, without telling them a word about it. Not a peep.
    >
    > "Man, I'm glad I have a router. Among other things."

    Yes.

    William Poaster, Oct 26, 2003
  16. Michael Cahan

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 00:06:52 +0100, William Poaster wrote:

    >It was on Sat, 25 Oct 2003 17:38:56 -0500, just as I was halfway through a
    >large jam doughnut, that Mara made this utterance:
    >
    >> On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 23:27:46 +0100, William Poaster wrote:
    >>
    >>>It was on Sat, 25 Oct 2003 11:26:30 -0700, just as I was halfway through
    >>>a large jam doughnut, that Michael Cahan made this utterance:

    >>>I don't use Gatesware, & my OS doesn't need your shit.

    >> You've heard, haven't you, that M$ is going to once-a-month updates?

    > M$ only doing once-a-month updates?
    >So....it would seem that BG was lying when he said :-
    >"MS is also fixing problems much faster than it used to.
    >We've gone from little over 40 hours on average to 24 hours."
    >What's the point in that, if they only update once a month?
    >They're just going to rely on other people to fix their
    >vulnerabilities, like AV software companies?

    Remember, this is the same man who said:

    "Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline,
    you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with
    a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes.
    I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes.
    The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
    -- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine

    Yet, I was notified of 5 different vulnerabilities on 10/15/03, and there have
    been 5 since, perhaps more. I only did a cursory check.

    >> Interesting. Suppose a virus written for an exploit in, say, IE, hits on
    >> the 5th, and M$ doesn't send out a fix until the 30th?
    >>
    >> Hmmm.

    >Yes, I'm glad I don't use the OS.

    Or AOL. (shudder)

    >"Nor have to buy other programs to prop it up"
    >
    >> I rank that just about as high as AOL changing their user's settings, on
    >> their user's machines, without telling them a word about it. Not a peep.
    >>
    >> "Man, I'm glad I have a router. Among other things."

    >Yes.

    :)

    --
    * scottm tests to see if his machine will explode again.
    *** scottm has quit IRC (Ping timeout)

    Mara, Oct 26, 2003
  17. It was on Sat, 25 Oct 2003 18:39:38 -0500, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that Mara made this utterance:

    > On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 00:06:52 +0100, William Poaster wrote:
    >
    >>It was on Sat, 25 Oct 2003 17:38:56 -0500, just as I was halfway through
    >>a large jam doughnut, that Mara made this utterance:

    >>> You've heard, haven't you, that M$ is going to once-a-month updates?

    >> M$ only doing once-a-month updates?
    >>So....it would seem that BG was lying when he said :- "MS is also fixing
    >>problems much faster than it used to. We've gone from little over 40
    >>hours on average to 24 hours." What's the point in that, if they only
    >>update once a month? They're just going to rely on other people to fix
    >>their vulnerabilities, like AV software companies?

    > Remember, this is the same man who said:
    >
    > "Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft
    > hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone
    > calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be
    > user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update
    > than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
    > -- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine

    Amazing! Mind you about 1981, he also said
    "640K ought to be enough for anybody."

    "He now says "64 bit is coming to desktops, there is no doubt
    about that, but apart from Photoshop, I can't think of desktop
    applications where you would need more than 4 gigabytes of physical
    memory, which is what you have to have in order to benefit from this
    technology. Right now, it is costly."

    Funny that SuSE have produced v9, with a 64bit option for the
    Athlon 64bit processor, isn't it?

    "Sour grapes, because M$ haven't?"

    William Poaster, Oct 26, 2003
  18. Michael Cahan

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 00:57:17 +0100, William Poaster wrote:

    <snip>
    >"He now says "64 bit is coming to desktops, there is no doubt
    >about that, but apart from Photoshop, I can't think of desktop
    >applications where you would need more than 4 gigabytes of physical
    >memory, which is what you have to have in order to benefit from this
    >technology. Right now, it is costly."
    >
    >Funny that SuSE have produced v9, with a 64bit option for the
    >Athlon 64bit processor, isn't it?

    Ooooh...I can't _wait_ to build a system with one of those babies.... <g>

    <snip>

    --
    "Here, Outlook Express, run this program." "Okay, stranger."
    --Clifto, nanae

    Mara, Oct 26, 2003
  19. Mara wrote:

    > On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 00:57:17 +0100, William Poaster wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >>"He now says "64 bit is coming to desktops, there is no doubt
    >>about that, but apart from Photoshop, I can't think of desktop
    >>applications where you would need more than 4 gigabytes of physical
    >>memory, which is what you have to have in order to benefit from this
    >>technology. Right now, it is costly."
    >>
    >>Funny that SuSE have produced v9, with a 64bit option for the
    >>Athlon 64bit processor, isn't it?

    > Ooooh...I can't _wait_ to build a system with one of those babies.... <g>

    Realtime multichannel high-def video editing on my desktop, yum.

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, Oct 26, 2003
  20. It was on Sat, 25 Oct 2003 19:39:00 -0500, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that Mara wrote:

    > On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 00:57:17 +0100, William Poaster wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >>"He now says "64 bit is coming to desktops, there is no doubt
    >>about that, but apart from Photoshop, I can't think of desktop
    >>applications where you would need more than 4 gigabytes of physical
    >>memory, which is what you have to have in order to benefit from this
    >>technology. Right now, it is costly."
    >>
    >>Funny that SuSE have produced v9, with a 64bit option for the
    >>Athlon 64bit processor, isn't it?

    > Ooooh...I can't _wait_ to build a system with one of those babies.... <g>

    I got the CDs this morning, & have installed it on the same drive but
    a different partition from SuSE 8.2. I've set it up & ATM I'm configuring
    it, & installing the applications that I want, as I had in SuSE 8.2.
    So far I'm impressed, as it boots in around 12 - 13 seconds. :)

    William Poaster, Oct 27, 2003