    processed.

    --
    Sosumi

    Sosumi, Dec 19, 2007

  2. Sosumi wrote:

    > On November 30 an official of the Guinness book of Worldrecords
    > declared our Santa as the biggest marionette in the world.
    > The city of Torres Vedras, Portugal, where I live, is the proud owner
    > of this 11 mtr high Father X-mas. It's weight is 1,5 metric tons, it
    > is controlled by 6 motors and hangs in a frame of 30 metric tons.
    > For 1 euro you can play with it for a few minutes.

    That's a little over the top for me. Someone has way too much time on their
    hands to build something like that. It's interesting just the same.

    Rita

    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Dec 19, 2007

  3. Sosumi

    Sosumi Guest

    "Rita Ä Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote in message
    > Sosumi wrote:
    >
    >> On November 30 an official of the Guinness book of Worldrecords
    >> declared our Santa as the biggest marionette in the world.
    >> The city of Torres Vedras, Portugal, where I live, is the proud owner
    >> of this 11 mtr high Father X-mas. It's weight is 1,5 metric tons, it
    >> is controlled by 6 motors and hangs in a frame of 30 metric tons.
    >> For 1 euro you can play with it for a few minutes.

    > That's a little over the top for me. Someone has way too much time on
    > their
    > hands to build something like that. It's interesting just the same.

    It was build for the city by a company appropriately called "Gulliver".
    35 people worked on it.

    --
    Sosumi

    Sosumi, Dec 19, 2007
  4. Sosumi wrote:
    > On November 30 an official of the Guinness book of Worldrecords declared our
    > Santa as the biggest marionette in the world.
    > The city of Torres Vedras, Portugal, where I live, is the proud owner of
    > this 11 mtr high Father X-mas. It's weight is 1,5 metric tons, it is
    > controlled by 6 motors and hangs in a frame of 30 metric tons.
    > For 1 euro you can play with it for a few minutes.
    >
    > http://photos-of-portugal.com/Painatal.jpg
    >
    > http://photos-of-portugal.com/Painatal2.jpg
    >
    > Pictures taken with D300. ISO 800. Only little noise reduction was
    > processed.

    Nice concept! I might like to see a human prominently in the scene to
    give perspective.

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Dec 20, 2007