    1024 * 768 with high quality or 2272*1704 with basic quality -- it use
    same amount or memory

    Thanks a lot!

    Desmond, Sep 26, 2003

  2. Desmond

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Hi, Guys,
    >
    > I have Nikon 4500, it provides many image size and quality
    > settings.
    >
    > Sometime I want to shoot some informative pictures, like a
    > description of an ark work in a museum, highest quality is not
    > necessary but memory space is important. I am wondering I should use
    > 1024 * 768 with high quality or 2272*1704 with basic quality -- it use
    > same amount or memory
    >
    > Thanks a lot!

    Largest pixel dimensions, basic quality. Having said that, you can buy
    256 meg CF cards for $40 so memory shouldn't be an issue.

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker

    Todd Walker, Sep 26, 2003

  3. Desmond

    Andrew Guest

    Desmond <> wrote:
    > Hi, Guys,

    > I have Nikon 4500, it provides many image size and quality
    > settings.

    > Sometime I want to shoot some informative pictures, like a
    > description of an ark work in a museum, highest quality is not
    > necessary but memory space is important. I am wondering I should use
    > 1024 * 768 with high quality or 2272*1704 with basic quality -- it use
    > same amount or memory

    This question has been asked alot, and the answer is always that it's
    better to use higher resolution and more compression given the same
    file size.

    Andrew

    Andrew, Sep 26, 2003
  4. Desmond

    Desmond Guest

    Thanks lot!
    I have a 256 CF card, but I got an itch finger....

    Desmond, Sep 26, 2003
  5. Desmond

    Desmond Guest

    Sorry, Andrew,
    I knew it is dump question and I knew it must have been asked a million
    times -- I did some search but couldn't get anything I want.
    A long as you guys are here, isn't a lot eariser just to ask ;o)

    Thanks a lot.
    Have a nice day

    Desmond, Sep 26, 2003
  6. Desmond

    Bob D. Guest

    I've had two Olympus digitals now, and I've found almost no difference
    between SHQ and HQ compression settings. (And the SHQ file size is double
    that of HQ!) On the other hand, there's a big difference between resolution
    settings.

    --
    Bob D.

    Bob D., Sep 27, 2003