    Any idea?

    Cheers,

    Martin
    Martin Kaufmann, Feb 10, 2005

  2. Martin Kaufmann

    geoffm Guest

    On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:14:47 +1300, Martin Kaufmann
    <> wrote:

    >Hi there!
    >
    >Has anyone recently used the Bigfoot SMS Manager
    >(http://sms.bigfoot.com/index.jsp) to send text messages to a Vodaphone
    >mobile? Although New Zealand is not mentioned on the network coverage
    >list, it is listed in the price list. I can send the txt and don't get
    >an error message but it never arrives.

    I have used it for years, as it is cheaper (and faster to type) than
    the phone.
    Geoff
    geoffm, Feb 12, 2005

  3. geoffm wrote:
    > On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:14:47 +1300, Martin Kaufmann
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Hi there!
    >>
    >>Has anyone recently used the Bigfoot SMS Manager
    >>(http://sms.bigfoot.com/index.jsp) to send text messages to a Vodaphone
    >>mobile? Although New Zealand is not mentioned on the network coverage
    >>list, it is listed in the price list. I can send the txt and don't get
    >>an error message but it never arrives.

    > I have used it for years, as it is cheaper (and faster to type) than
    > the phone.

    And you never had any problems at all? I can send txts to other
    countries but not to Vodaphone NZ. I wrote Bigfoot support and they are
    looking into it.

    Cheers,

    Martin

    PS It's no really cheaper or is it?
    Martin Kaufmann, Feb 13, 2005
  4. Martin Kaufmann

    geoffm Guest

    On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 13:20:48 +1300, Martin Kaufmann
    <> wrote:

    >geoffm wrote:
    >> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:14:47 +1300, Martin Kaufmann
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hi there!
    >>>
    >>>Has anyone recently used the Bigfoot SMS Manager
    >>>(http://sms.bigfoot.com/index.jsp) to send text messages to a Vodaphone
    >>>mobile? Although New Zealand is not mentioned on the network coverage
    >>>list, it is listed in the price list. I can send the txt and don't get
    >>>an error message but it never arrives.

    >> I have used it for years, as it is cheaper (and faster to type) than
    >> the phone.

    >And you never had any problems at all? I can send txts to other
    >countries but not to Vodaphone NZ. I wrote Bigfoot support and they are
    >looking into it.
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >Martin
    >
    >PS It's no really cheaper or is it?

    It depends on the exchange rate - it used to work out to 10c/ txt vs
    20c on the phone.
    I have never had any problems with it, although I haven't used it
    since November. Having said that, I have just done a test now and it
    hasn't turned up yet, so maybe something has changed recently
    Shame ICQ free SMS doesn't work in NZ :-(
    Don't forget you need to put the country code and Vodaphone network
    code (21) in (ie number is +6421xxxxxxx)
    Geoff
    geoffm, Feb 13, 2005