    move into Moorhouse Ave site.

    --
    YAnewsWatcher.
    YAnewswatcher, Feb 4, 2005

  2. YAnewswatcher

    cOKe Guest

    YAnewswatcher wrote:
    > The subject says it all. Noel Lemming to take over sales, Bond & Bond to
    > move into Moorhouse Ave site.
    >
    > --
    > YAnewsWatcher.

    Wonder how long it'll take the Dunedin store? The times i've been in,
    their have been more staff than customers :(

    --
    cOKe

    www.infernofm.co.nz
    cOKe, Feb 4, 2005

  3. On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 00:40:36 +1300, cOKe wrote:

    > YAnewswatcher wrote:
    >> The subject says it all. Noel Lemming to take over sales, Bond & Bond to
    >> move into Moorhouse Ave site.
    >>
    >> --
    >> YAnewsWatcher.

    > Wonder how long it'll take the Dunedin store? The times i've been in,
    > their have been more staff than customers :(

    Man yeah that place is dead... I looked around and got scared.
    wogers nemesis, Feb 4, 2005
  4. YAnewswatcher

    Gurble Guest

    On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 00:40:36 +1300, cOKe <> had
    this to say:

    >YAnewswatcher wrote:
    >> The subject says it all. Noel Lemming to take over sales, Bond & Bond to
    >> move into Moorhouse Ave site.
    >>
    >> --
    >> YAnewsWatcher.

    >Wonder how long it'll take the Dunedin store? The times i've been in,
    >their have been more staff than customers :(

    I heard on the (relatively reliable) grapevine that they are closing
    Dunedin as soon as they've found someone to take over their lease.
    Gurble, Feb 4, 2005
  5. On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 01:37:28 +1300, Gurble <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 00:40:36 +1300, cOKe <> had
    >this to say:
    >
    >>YAnewswatcher wrote:
    >>> The subject says it all. Noel Lemming to take over sales, Bond & Bond to
    >>> move into Moorhouse Ave site.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> YAnewsWatcher.

    >>Wonder how long it'll take the Dunedin store? The times i've been in,
    >>their have been more staff than customers :(

    >I heard on the (relatively reliable) grapevine that they are closing
    >Dunedin as soon as they've found someone to take over their lease.

    All the Retail Shops are up for sale, The Pacific group wants to get out of
    retailing..

    May be you should read the news papers more..
    BIG Bear @bearcat.com.au, Feb 4, 2005
  6. YAnewswatcher

    Jerry Guest

    BIG Bear @bearcat.com.au wrote:
    > On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 01:37:28 +1300, Gurble <> wrote:
    >

    >>On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 00:40:36 +1300, cOKe <> had
    >>this to say:

    >>>Wonder how long it'll take the Dunedin store? The times i've been in,
    >>>their have been more staff than customers :(

    >>I heard on the (relatively reliable) grapevine that they are closing
    >>Dunedin as soon as they've found someone to take over their lease.

    > All the Retail Shops are up for sale, The Pacific group wants to get out of
    > retailing..
    >
    > May be you should read the news papers more..

    Pacific Retail sold Big Byte, Noel Leeming and Bond and Bond some time
    ago. They are now owned by a private company, Noel Leeming Group.

    Jerry
    Jerry, Feb 4, 2005
  7. YAnewswatcher

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Gurble" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 00:40:36 +1300, cOKe <> had
    > this to say:
    >
    > >YAnewswatcher wrote:
    > >> The subject says it all. Noel Lemming to take over sales, Bond & Bond

    > >> move into Moorhouse Ave site.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> YAnewsWatcher.

    > >Wonder how long it'll take the Dunedin store? The times i've been in,
    > >their have been more staff than customers :(

    > I heard on the (relatively reliable) grapevine that they are closing
    > Dunedin as soon as they've found someone to take over their lease.

    Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Large businesses usually have a 12
    year lease. Just as well you guys posted the doom about it. With the high
    overheads and very few customers, that place would always struggle to make a
    profit.
    It was a stupid decision to put the store off the beaten track, there's ****
    all foot traffic on that side of the one way system. Why they didn't scale
    down staff numbers is just more bad management.

    A large nationwide outfit should buy in bulk at special prices which they
    would be doing, and then get rid of it cheap to the public. Making good
    profits from a high turnover of sales, instead of having the highest prices
    around. Going for a good volume of sales through better prices works for
    Dick Smiths and some other businesses. Especially the Warehouse as the best
    example of all, they get good profits by quickly moving the stuff at
    competitive prices.

    All Big Byte offered was Noel Leeming and Bond & Bond prices. With them
    battling out amongst themselves, creating Big Byte was a waste of time and
    money.
    If the staff were running the stores they would most likely try reduced
    prices and try to get a much higher turn over of goods. Still a piss poor
    building design and bad location for the Dunedin store at least. And Noel
    Leeming in Dunedin gets nothing like the people in it compared to when they
    were in the city near Countdown supermarket etc. Bond & Bond aren't short
    of plenty of people going into the store.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Feb 4, 2005
  8. YAnewswatcher

    JohnO Guest

    "Jerry" <> wrote in message
    > BIG Bear @bearcat.com.au wrote:
    >> On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 01:37:28 +1300, Gurble <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 00:40:36 +1300, cOKe <> had
    >>>this to say:

    >>>I heard on the (relatively reliable) grapevine that they are closing
    >>>Dunedin as soon as they've found someone to take over their lease.

    >> All the Retail Shops are up for sale, The Pacific group wants to get out
    >> of
    >> retailing..
    >>
    >> May be you should read the news papers more..

    > Pacific Retail sold Big Byte, Noel Leeming and Bond and Bond some time
    > ago. They are now owned by a private company, Noel Leeming Group.
    >
    > Jerry

    Doesn't Eric Watson still own them anyway? I.e. wasn't it just a structural
    separation from PRG?
    JohnO, Feb 4, 2005
  9. YAnewswatcher

    Jerry Guest

    JohnO wrote:
    > "Jerry" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>BIG Bear @bearcat.com.au wrote:

    >>>All the Retail Shops are up for sale, The Pacific group wants to get out
    >>>of
    >>>retailing..
    >>>
    >>>May be you should read the news papers more..

    >>Pacific Retail sold Big Byte, Noel Leeming and Bond and Bond some time
    >>ago. They are now owned by a private company, Noel Leeming Group.
    >>
    >>Jerry
    >>

    > Doesn't Eric Watson still own them anyway? I.e. wasn't it just a structural
    > separation from PRG?

    No, Mr. Watson is out of the picture. They were purchased by Gresham
    Private Equity.

    Jerry
    Jerry, Feb 5, 2005
  10. YAnewswatcher

    Gordon Guest

    On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 02:18:19 +1300, wrote:

    > All the Retail Shops are up for sale, The Pacific group wants to get out of
    > retailing..

    So the Pacfic RETAIL Group wishes to exit from retailing?

    > May be you should read the news papers more..

    You can not always believe what you read.
    Gordon, Feb 5, 2005
  11. cOKe wrote:
    >> The subject says it all. Noel Lemming to take over sales, Bond & Bond
    >> to move into Moorhouse Ave site.

    > Wonder how long it'll take the Dunedin store? The times i've been in,
    > their have been more staff than customers :(

    heh, we(real world friends{!} and I) were talking about that last
    night... surely can't be too long.

    re:http://www.infernofm.co.nz/
    you have something to do with them?

    --
    Dave.net.nz
    reply addy is e
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 5, 2005
  12. Gurble wrote:
    >>Wonder how long it'll take the Dunedin store? The times i've been in,
    >>their have been more staff than customers :(

    > I heard on the (relatively reliable) grapevine that they are closing
    > Dunedin as soon as they've found someone to take over their lease.

    we must listen to similar grapevines.

    --
    Dave.net.nz
    reply addy is e
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 5, 2005
  13. BIG Bear @bearcat.com.au wrote:
    >>>Wonder how long it'll take the Dunedin store? The times i've been in,
    >>>their have been more staff than customers :(

    >>I heard on the (relatively reliable) grapevine that they are closing
    >>Dunedin as soon as they've found someone to take over their lease.

    > All the Retail Shops are up for sale, The Pacific group wants to get out of
    > retailing..

    > May be you should read the news papers more..

    got a link to anything about it?
    a google and search on a few news sites found nothing.

    --
    Dave.net.nz
    reply addy is e
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 5, 2005
  14. In <> YAnewswatcher
    wrote:

    > The subject says it all. Noel Lemming to take over sales, Bond & Bond
    > to move into Moorhouse Ave site.

    Having Noel Leeming and Bond and Bond right next to each other doesn't
    seem like a very smart move. Although, when you think about it, it's
    surprising that Noel Leeming and Bond and Bond both still exist because
    they seem to sell exactly the same products.

    --
    Regards, Alastair.
    Wellington, New Zealand

    Any views expressed in this posting are personal and its content remains
    the property of Alastair. Alastair accepts no responsibility for any
    misinformation resulting from this posting.
    Alastair McAllister, Feb 6, 2005
  15. YAnewswatcher

    E. Scrooge Guest

    > cOKe wrote:
    >>> The subject says it all. Noel Lemming to take over sales, Bond & Bond to
    >>> move into Moorhouse Ave site.

    >> Wonder how long it'll take the Dunedin store? The times i've been in,
    >> their have been more staff than customers :(

    > heh, we(real world friends{!} and I) were talking about that last night...
    > surely can't be too long.
    >
    > re:http://www.infernofm.co.nz/
    > you have something to do with them?
    >
    > --
    > Dave.net.nz

    Right from the start that outfit full of high overheads never looked like a
    good stayer. It's only because of the wealth behind it that it's lasted as
    long as it has. Be surprising is it ever made a profit. Couldn't be much
    fun for the staff with so few customers going out of their way to specially
    go into the outfit.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Feb 6, 2005
  16. YAnewswatcher

    Craig Shore Guest

    On 6 Feb 2005 13:36:24 +1300, Alastair McAllister <> wrote:

    >In <> YAnewswatcher
    >wrote:
    >
    >> The subject says it all. Noel Lemming to take over sales, Bond & Bond
    >> to move into Moorhouse Ave site.

    >Having Noel Leeming and Bond and Bond right next to each other doesn't
    >seem like a very smart move. Although, when you think about it, it's
    >surprising that Noel Leeming and Bond and Bond both still exist because
    >they seem to sell exactly the same products.

    They even transfer stock between stores next to each other while you wait if
    they've run out.
    Craig Shore, Feb 6, 2005
  17. YAnewswatcher

    Ryan Jacobs Guest

    "Craig Shore" <> wrote in message
    > On 6 Feb 2005 13:36:24 +1300, Alastair McAllister <> wrote:
    >
    >>In <> YAnewswatcher
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>> The subject says it all. Noel Lemming to take over sales, Bond & Bond
    >>> to move into Moorhouse Ave site.

    >>Having Noel Leeming and Bond and Bond right next to each other doesn't
    >>seem like a very smart move. Although, when you think about it, it's
    >>surprising that Noel Leeming and Bond and Bond both still exist because
    >>they seem to sell exactly the same products.

    > They even transfer stock between stores next to each other while you wait
    > if
    > they've run out.

    I suspect they're working on the (reasonably valid) assumption that
    joe-public doesn't know that they're sister companies.
    Ryan Jacobs, Feb 6, 2005
  18. YAnewswatcher

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 19:23:51 +1300, "Ryan Jacobs" <> wrote:

    >"Craig Shore" <> wrote in message
    >> On 6 Feb 2005 13:36:24 +1300, Alastair McAllister <> wrote:

    >>>Having Noel Leeming and Bond and Bond right next to each other doesn't
    >>>seem like a very smart move. Although, when you think about it, it's
    >>>surprising that Noel Leeming and Bond and Bond both still exist because
    >>>they seem to sell exactly the same products.

    >> They even transfer stock between stores next to each other while you wait
    >> if
    >> they've run out.
    >>

    >I suspect they're working on the (reasonably valid) assumption that
    >joe-public doesn't know that they're sister companies.

    Possibly. They don't keep it a secret though. It's on their WWW site. Bond &
    Bond is supposed to be the no frills operation. www.noelleeminggroup.co.nz

    I have noticed they carry more lines at Noel Leeming than Bond & Bond.

    It suprises me that they would move Bond & Bond a couple of blocks along
    Moorhouse Ave into the Big Byte building. I would have thought the Bond & Bond
    building was better being more visible. Perhaps the idea is go get more people
    into the Noel Leeming by doing it (putting them together).
    Craig Shore, Feb 6, 2005
  19. YAnewswatcher

    A Guest

    wrote:

    >In <> YAnewswatcher
    >wrote:
    >
    >> The subject says it all. Noel Lemming to take over sales, Bond & Bond
    >> to move into Moorhouse Ave site.

    >Having Noel Leeming and Bond and Bond right next to each other doesn't
    >seem like a very smart move. Although, when you think about it, it's
    >surprising that Noel Leeming and Bond and Bond both still exist because
    >they seem to sell exactly the same products.

    In Hamilton, Bond & Bond is situated right next door to Noel Leeming.

    Last time I was at B&B they were looking up stock for someone and
    could even tell if NL had stock.

    What puts me off about those stores is the time and process it takes
    to buy something - ok for large ticket items but for a DVD you want to
    pick it up, pay and walk out in 2 minutes.
    A, Feb 6, 2005
  20. YAnewswatcher

    V Guest

    On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 08:06:11 +1300, A <> wrote:

    >>Having Noel Leeming and Bond and Bond right next to each other doesn't
    >>seem like a very smart move. Although, when you think about it, it's
    >>surprising that Noel Leeming and Bond and Bond both still exist because
    >>they seem to sell exactly the same products.

    Of course, they are essentially the same company... Pacific Retail
    Group.
    V, Feb 7, 2005