    in Racine.
    All clear though by about the time I'd normally start work.
    So much for that great plan!

    philo, Oct 27, 2010

  2. philo

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/26/2010 6:32 PM Just to please that super-ego, philo wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > Started work *very* early this morning to avoid the big storm.
    > Ended up right in the middle of it and very close to where the tornado hit
    > in Racine.
    > All clear though by about the time I'd normally start work.
    > So much for that great plan!

    My sister lives just across the field from you in Kulm, ND and it is 33º
    at present and 75º here in Marfa. <g>

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo38, Oct 27, 2010

  3. philo

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/26/2010 6:32 PM Just to please that super-ego, philo wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > Started work *very* early this morning to avoid the big storm.
    > Ended up right in the middle of it and very close to where the tornado hit
    > in Racine.
    > All clear though by about the time I'd normally start work.
    > So much for that great plan!

    My sister lives just across the field from you in Kulm, ND and it is 33º
    at present and 75º here in Marfa. <g>
    PS: With light snow in Kulm. :)

    OldGringo38, Oct 27, 2010
  4. philo

    philo Guest

    "OldGringo38" <> wrote in message
    > On 10/26/2010 6:32 PM Just to please that super-ego, philo wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:
    >> Started work *very* early this morning to avoid the big storm.
    >> Ended up right in the middle of it and very close to where the tornado
    >> hit
    >> in Racine.
    >> All clear though by about the time I'd normally start work.
    >> So much for that great plan!
    >>

    > My sister lives just across the field from you in Kulm, ND and it is 33º
    > at present and 75º here in Marfa. <g>
    > PS: With light snow in Kulm. :)

    I live very close to Lake Michigan which moderates the temperature

    we have not had a freeze yet but it;s comming soon

    philo, Oct 27, 2010
  5. philo

    Buffalo Guest

    philo wrote:
    > Started work *very* early this morning to avoid the big storm.
    > Ended up right in the middle of it and very close to where the
    > tornado hit in Racine.
    > All clear though by about the time I'd normally start work.
    > So much for that great plan!

    Yeah, a female WGN reporter in Chicago was on TV saying that she was
    standing next to the TV van which was blocking the wind, otherwise she would
    be blown away. You could see the trees in the background and the leaves were
    barely moving. So much hype!!
    They were saying that it was the worst storm EVER to hit Chicago. Wow, was
    their experience in Chicago about 1 yr? :)
    So much hype and overexaggeration !!!
    Sounds about as factual as the political ads.
    WTF is this Country of OURS coming to??
    Greed, lies and misdirection???
    Buffalo
    PS: Over 2 Billion US Dollars have been spent on political ads. What an
    irresponsible waste of money.

    Buffalo, Oct 27, 2010
  6. philo

    philo Guest

    "Buffalo" <> wrote in message

    > philo wrote:
    >> Started work *very* early this morning to avoid the big storm.
    >> Ended up right in the middle of it and very close to where the
    >> tornado hit in Racine.
    >> All clear though by about the time I'd normally start work.
    >> So much for that great plan!

    > Yeah, a female WGN reporter in Chicago was on TV saying that she was
    > standing next to the TV van which was blocking the wind, otherwise she
    > would
    > be blown away. You could see the trees in the background and the leaves
    > were
    > barely moving. So much hype!!
    > They were saying that it was the worst storm EVER to hit Chicago. Wow,
    > was
    > their experience in Chicago about 1 yr? :)

    Yes the worst storm to hit Chicago,,,ever

    that month

    philo, Oct 27, 2010
  7. philo

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/26/2010 6:59 PM Just to please that super-ego, philo wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > "OldGringo38"<> wrote in message
    >> On 10/26/2010 6:32 PM Just to please that super-ego, philo wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:
    >>> Started work *very* early this morning to avoid the big storm.
    >>> Ended up right in the middle of it and very close to where the tornado
    >>> hit
    >>> in Racine.
    >>> All clear though by about the time I'd normally start work.
    >>> So much for that great plan!
    >>>

    >> My sister lives just across the field from you in Kulm, ND and it is 33º
    >> at present and 75º here in Marfa.<g>
    >> PS: With light snow in Kulm. :)

    > I live very close to Lake Michigan which moderates the temperature
    >
    > we have not had a freeze yet but it;s comming soon

    It seems like when I was very young Lake Michigan use to freeze all the
    way across solid. I haven't heard of that happening in recent years,
    but I haven't lived in Michigan since the late 40's.

    OldGringo38, Oct 27, 2010
  8. philo

    Buffalo Guest

    philo wrote:
    > "Buffalo" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> philo wrote:
    >>> Started work *very* early this morning to avoid the big storm.
    >>> Ended up right in the middle of it and very close to where the
    >>> tornado hit in Racine.
    >>> All clear though by about the time I'd normally start work.
    >>> So much for that great plan!

    >> Yeah, a female WGN reporter in Chicago was on TV saying that she was
    >> standing next to the TV van which was blocking the wind, otherwise
    >> she would
    >> be blown away. You could see the trees in the background and the
    >> leaves were
    >> barely moving. So much hype!!
    >> They were saying that it was the worst storm EVER to hit Chicago.
    >> Wow, was
    >> their experience in Chicago about 1 yr? :)
    >>

    > Yes the worst storm to hit Chicago,,,ever
    >
    > that month

    Total hype by the news people.
    Worst, my ass! :)
    Buffalo

    Buffalo, Oct 27, 2010
  9. philo

    M.L. Guest

    >It seems like when I was very young Lake Michigan use to freeze all the
    >way across solid. I haven't heard of that happening in recent years,
    >but I haven't lived in Michigan since the late 40's.

    Lake Michigan has never frozen over, although it came close in 1979,
    1977 and 1994.

    http://www.glerl.noaa.gov/pubs/brochures/ice/icecover.html

    M.L., Oct 27, 2010
  10. philo

    Mike Yetto Guest

    philo <> writes and having writ moves on.
    > Started work *very* early this morning to avoid the big storm.
    >Ended up right in the middle of it and very close to where the tornado hit
    >in Racine.
    >All clear though by about the time I'd normally start work.
    >So much for that great plan!

    Were you actually trying to predict, in detail, what a tornado would do?

    Mike "good luck with that" Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Oct 27, 2010
  11. philo

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/26/2010 11:29 PM Just to please that super-ego, philo wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On 10/26/2010 10:23 PM, M.L. wrote:
    >>

    >>> It seems like when I was very young Lake Michigan use to freeze all the
    >>> way across solid. I haven't heard of that happening in recent years,
    >>> but I haven't lived in Michigan since the late 40's.

    >> Lake Michigan has never frozen over, although it came close in 1979,
    >> 1977 and 1994.
    >>
    >> http://www.glerl.noaa.gov/pubs/brochures/ice/icecover.html
    >>

    > I think the one in 1977 had a pretty complete freeze up
    >
    > but yes, it's never completely frozen over

    Before commercial fishing was banned on Lake Michigan:
    http://tinyurl.com/27lc59d

    OldGringo38, Oct 27, 2010