Big problems with a .wmf file!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jonathon, Sep 19, 2008.

  1. Jonathon

    Jonathon Guest

    Recently I selected several .wmf files of interest and placed them
    with others in a 'miscellaneous' group.

    This morning I was looking thrugh the group and opened the .wmf file
    Instead of opening it with 'Graphics Workshop Pro' which I have
    used for all clipart and photographs for years, down came a
    menu stating " your path to paint (all in lower case) cannot be
    found."

    It then proceded with a long search through my hard drive finally
    opening the file in 'Graphics Workshop Pro'

    Fearing the worst I checked the remainder of the .wmf files
    and *all* were reacating in the same manner.

    I followed the procedure for changing "Open with" in Microsoft and
    'Graphics Workshop Pro' without effect.

    I was then really annoyed -to say the least- to find that every
    ..jpeg .png etc of my large collection of clipart and photographs
    following the same protracted procedure!

    Has anyone else suffered the same problem?

    Is anyone able to guide me - in very simple terms please - to
    solve this extremely annoying and enormous time wasting
    problem?

    I hasten to add that is may of course have nothing to do
    with the file I picked up from a very responsible newsgroup
    but I'm a cynic when it comes to co-incidences.

    Thank you for your time, patience and help.

    Regards

    Jon.

    Jonathon, Sep 19, 2008

  2. Jonathon

    Jonathon Guest

    On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 08:33:52 +0100, Jonathon <> wrote:

    Many thanks to all who were so helpful in putting
    me on the track. The final solution was that of
    reinstalling Graphics Workshop Pro. Now all is well.

    Once again, thank you.

    Jonathon, Sep 23, 2008