    It also shows that a lot of people will not be able to get Freeview and
    will have to move to Freestat, that almost impossible if you have lots
    of TV's, I have 3.

    Penguin Man , Feb 22, 2013

  2. On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 18:27:22 +1300, "geoff" <>
    wrote:

    >> It also shows that a lot of people will not be able to get Freeview and
    >> will have to move to Freestat, that almost impossible if you have lots
    >> of TV's, I have 3.

    >What would be 'impossible' about that ?
    >
    >geoff

    3TV's and 3 set top boxes, not a very viable option, if you read the
    UK article its all mentioned in that also.

    Frank Williams, Feb 22, 2013

  3. Penguin Man

    Richard Guest

    On 2/22/2013 1:48 PM, Penguin Man wrote:

    > Have a read of the UK very detailed articles as it will be the same
    > here, its already affected me with a nearby 3G Telecom tower that runs
    > on 850MHz.
    >
    > Had to put a masthead low pass filter in.
    >

    > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/02/21/at800/
    >
    > It also shows that a lot of people will not be able to get Freeview and
    > will have to move to Freestat, that almost impossible if you have lots
    > of TV's, I have 3.

    Well perhaps the STB's and TVs should actually have some RF performance
    testing done when they are handing out the freeview logos etc?

    Richard, Feb 22, 2013
  4. Penguin Man

    Richard Guest

    On 2/22/2013 6:44 PM, Frank Williams wrote:
    > On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 18:27:22 +1300, "geoff" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>> It also shows that a lot of people will not be able to get Freeview and
    >>> will have to move to Freestat, that almost impossible if you have lots
    >>> of TV's, I have 3.

    >> What would be 'impossible' about that ?
    >>
    >> geoff
    >>

    > 3TV's and 3 set top boxes, not a very viable option, if you read the
    > UK article its all mentioned in that also.

    Perfeclty viable, done it here for all the old dinosaur TVs around the
    house that I dont plan on replacing in a great hurry. $70 for a
    tollerable but slow to turn on box from the big red shed.

    And in the UK they have tv's available with a sat tuner built into them
    already.

    Richard, Feb 22, 2013
  5. On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 19:24:20 +1300, Richard <> wrote:

    >On 2/22/2013 1:48 PM, Penguin Man wrote:
    >>

    >> Have a read of the UK very detailed articles as it will be the same
    >> here, its already affected me with a nearby 3G Telecom tower that runs
    >> on 850MHz.
    >>
    >> Had to put a masthead low pass filter in.
    >>

    >> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/02/21/at800/
    >>
    >> It also shows that a lot of people will not be able to get Freeview and
    >> will have to move to Freestat, that almost impossible if you have lots
    >> of TV's, I have 3.

    >Well perhaps the STB's and TVs should actually have some RF performance
    >testing done when they are handing out the freeview logos etc?

    Did you read all the bits in the UK article as it goes into great
    depths.

    And again they have a better system then ours the T2 system

    Frank Williams, Feb 22, 2013
  6. On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 19:27:50 +1300, Richard <> wrote:

    >On 2/22/2013 6:44 PM, Frank Williams wrote:

    >>> What would be 'impossible' about that ?
    >>>
    >>> geoff
    >>>

    >> 3TV's and 3 set top boxes, not a very viable option, if you read the
    >> UK article its all mentioned in that also.

    >Perfeclty viable, done it here for all the old dinosaur TVs around the
    >house that I dont plan on replacing in a great hurry. $70 for a
    >tollerable but slow to turn on box from the big red shed.
    >
    >And in the UK they have tv's available with a sat tuner built into them
    >already.

    Yes again I went for Freeview for its HD quality that in not available
    with Freesat, plus I will need to get a Dish and some kind of splitter
    but that might not be possible do to the Box controlling the Antenna
    LMB ?

    Frank Williams, Feb 22, 2013
  7. On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 19:24:20 +1300, Richard <> wrote:

    >On 2/22/2013 1:48 PM, Penguin Man wrote:
    >>

    >> Have a read of the UK very detailed articles as it will be the same
    >> here, its already affected me with a nearby 3G Telecom tower that runs
    >> on 850MHz.
    >>
    >> Had to put a masthead low pass filter in.
    >>

    >> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/02/21/at800/
    >>
    >> It also shows that a lot of people will not be able to get Freeview and
    >> will have to move to Freestat, that almost impossible if you have lots
    >> of TV's, I have 3.

    >Well perhaps the STB's and TVs should actually have some RF performance
    >testing done when they are handing out the freeview logos etc?

    Yes some STB are better as I am near to a XT cell tower (850MHz) it
    affected 2 of the boxes and my old manager has similar problem with the
    same tower with different boxes, funy that the Transonic one worked in
    his case.

    I have a $100 masthead low pass filter CH25-48 that might help with
    4G, it fixed my XT cell phone tower problem.

    4G starts at CH 50 702MHz.

    The UK 4G cell phone frequenses are up at C61 800MHz.

    Frank Williams, Feb 22, 2013
  8. Penguin Man

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Penguin Man wrote:
    > Have a read of the UK very detailed articles as it will be the same
    > here, its already affected me with a nearby 3G Telecom tower that runs
    > on 850MHz.
    >
    > Had to put a masthead low pass filter in.
    >

    > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/02/21/at800/
    >
    > It also shows that a lot of people will not be able to get Freeview
    > and will have to move to Freestat, that almost impossible if you have
    > lots of TV's, I have 3.

    A new Roger alias! I'm getting quite a collection now.....
    --
    /Shaun.

    cozy little classification in the DSM."
    David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

    ~misfit~, Feb 22, 2013
  9. On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 09:17:46 +1300, Mutley
    <> wrote:

    >Penguin Man wrote:
    >

    >>Have a read of the UK very detailed articles as it will be the same
    >>here, its already affected me with a nearby 3G Telecom tower that runs
    >>on 850MHz.
    >>
    >>Had to put a masthead low pass filter in.
    >>

    >>http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/02/21/at800/
    >>
    >>It also shows that a lot of people will not be able to get Freeview and
    >>will have to move to Freestat, that almost impossible if you have lots
    >>of TV's, I have 3.

    >Not sure if it will be such a problem here . Our 4G is going to be on
    >the 700 meg band. In the UK it's on the 800Meg band as some of their
    >is TV on their 700 Meg band and I suspect that there is a cross over
    >between the two on their 800Meg bands. They also have a hell of a
    >lot more TV channels than we do..

    Do some searches it has been reported here as a problem, NZ uses the old
    T1 system but the 4G band will start on CH50 and the highest TV channel
    is CH48, The UK channels are next to each other
    TV CH60 , 4G CH61 but they do use the better T2 system.

    Frank Williams, Feb 22, 2013
  10. On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 14:53:51 +1300, Mutley
    <> wrote:

    >Frank Williams <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 09:17:46 +1300, Mutley
    >><> wrote:

    >>>Not sure if it will be such a problem here . Our 4G is going to be on
    >>>the 700 meg band. In the UK it's on the 800Meg band as some of their
    >>>is TV on their 700 Meg band and I suspect that there is a cross over
    >>>between the two on their 800Meg bands. They also have a hell of a
    >>>lot more TV channels than we do..

    >>Do some searches it has been reported here as a problem, NZ uses the old
    >>T1 system but the 4G band will start on CH50 and the highest TV channel
    >>is CH48, The UK channels are next to each other
    >>TV CH60 , 4G CH61 but they do use the better T2 system.

    >Frank. I would hardly call the DTV system we use "old" at the time
    >is was all that was available unless you consider ATSC. Sure we could
    >switch to the T2 system but all the TVs and STBs will be obsolete
    >before we have even turned off the analog.
    >
    >FWIW. The FCC has allowed testing of DVBT2 in the US
    >
    >http://advanced-television.com/2013/02/20/fcc-authorises-dvb-t2-trial/
    >
    >ATSC was no where near as good at T2 but it was all that they had at
    >the time..

    IGLOO uses T2 due to the number of channels T1 will not support 12 CH's
    on one frequency

    The UK every one had to move to T2 so all the TV's for some 2 years or
    more needed set top boxes..

    But not a problem here due to the lack here of broadcast channels

    Frank Williams, Feb 23, 2013
  11. On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 15:18:50 +1300, "geoff" <>
    wrote:

    >"Frank Williams" <> wrote in message

    >>>What would be 'impossible' about that ?
    >>>
    >>>geoff
    >>>

    >> 3TV's and 3 set top boxes, not a very viable option, if you read the
    >> UK article its all mentioned in that also.

    >Why not 1 set top box and 3 TVs. Or do you have 3 TVs on different channels
    >all running at the same time in your household ?!!
    >
    >geoff

    Logic why would I have 3 TVs all on the same channel.?

    Frank Williams, Feb 23, 2013
  12. On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 18:42:46 +1300, "geoff" <>
    wrote:

    >"Frank Williams" <> wrote in message

    >>>Why not 1 set top box and 3 TVs. Or do you have 3 TVs on different
    >>>channels
    >>>all running at the same time in your household ?!!
    >>>
    >>>geoff
    >>>

    >> Logic why would I have 3 TVs all on the same channel.?

    >Why would you have 3 TVs all on different channels, unless the household is
    >full of antisocial isolationists.
    >
    >But that's your privelige.
    >
    >geoff

    No my Wife and me do watch different things, if not I record them..

    Simple logic if you are Married.

    Frank Williams, Feb 23, 2013
  13. On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 19:18:28 +1300, Mutley
    <> wrote:

    >Frank Williams <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 14:53:51 +1300, Mutley
    >><> wrote:

    >>>Frank. I would hardly call the DTV system we use "old" at the time
    >>>is was all that was available unless you consider ATSC. Sure we could
    >>>switch to the T2 system but all the TVs and STBs will be obsolete
    >>>before we have even turned off the analog.
    >>>
    >>>FWIW. The FCC has allowed testing of DVBT2 in the US
    >>>
    >>>http://advanced-television.com/2013/02/20/fcc-authorises-dvb-t2-trial/
    >>>
    >>>ATSC was no where near as good at T2 but it was all that they had at
    >>>the time..

    >>IGLOO uses T2 due to the number of channels T1 will not support 12 CH's
    >>on one frequency
    >>
    >>The UK every one had to move to T2 so all the TV's for some 2 years or
    >>more needed set top boxes..
    >>
    >>But not a problem here due to the lack here of broadcast channels

    >Igloo is a closed system and just launched a couple of months ago.
    >They could have gone with any technology they liked..

    Please name all these any technologies.?

    Frank Williams, Feb 23, 2013