    selected the option for those who have a case number just to get through. I
    followed the simple menus capably and then was simply disconnect.

    Can anyone help me out of this bind?
    MB, Aug 16, 2004

  2. MB

    Tony Raven Guest

    MB wrote:
    > This is pathetic. I thought I'd give this "award-winning" browser a try, so
    > I downloaded Firefox for Apple 7.4.0. The flippin' thing will not open while
    > the icon in the dock keeps pulsing in and out of existence. I cannot quit
    > using any means. It keeps prevening restart, shutdown, logout. It will not
    > force quit. There the icon also pulses in and out in the Force Quit list, so
    > I have to try to catch it. When I succeed it still doesn't force quit. The
    > computer also will not shut down by pressing the power button. I called the
    > companies pay help line to get free help just to get on with my day. I
    > selected the option for those who have a case number just to get through. I
    > followed the simple menus capably and then was simply disconnect.
    >
    > Can anyone help me out of this bind?

    You could always try the good old standby after all the other restart
    option have failed - turn the power off at the wall. Invariably forces
    a shut-down ;-)

    Tony
    Tony Raven, Aug 16, 2004

  3. MB

    Moz Champion Guest

    Tony Raven wrote:

    > MB wrote:
    >
    >> This is pathetic. I thought I'd give this "award-winning" browser a
    >> try, so
    >> I downloaded Firefox for Apple 7.4.0. The flippin' thing will not open
    >> while
    >> the icon in the dock keeps pulsing in and out of existence. I cannot quit
    >> using any means. It keeps prevening restart, shutdown, logout. It will
    >> not
    >> force quit. There the icon also pulses in and out in the Force Quit
    >> list, so
    >> I have to try to catch it. When I succeed it still doesn't force quit.
    >> The
    >> computer also will not shut down by pressing the power button. I
    >> called the
    >> companies pay help line to get free help just to get on with my day. I
    >> selected the option for those who have a case number just to get
    >> through. I
    >> followed the simple menus capably and then was simply disconnect.
    >>
    >> Can anyone help me out of this bind?
    >>

    > You could always try the good old standby after all the other restart
    > option have failed - turn the power off at the wall. Invariably forces
    > a shut-down ;-)
    >
    > Tony

    Apple 7.4? Do you mean System 7.4?

    Firefox or Mozilla WONT work on that outdated system, it was never
    designed for such. Upgrade to something newer than a late 1997 System,
    OS X is REQUIRED for Firefox.

    ?? You have a Dock? Then you arent using 7.4, do you possibly mean
    10.3.4 or somesuch?

    And did you INSTALL the program onto your hard drive? Firefox (and
    Mozilla, and Netscape 7) for the Mac comes in a disk image file (stuffed).
    Allow stuffit to automatically unstuff the file, and then double click
    the disk image icon, and you should see a window with the advise "Drag
    to your hard drive". Follow that advise and drag the folder image to
    where=ever you want the program to be (Application folder is a start -
    but it can be anywhere)

    You cant run a program from a disk image, which is what it sounds like
    you are trying to do.

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org