Bibble Labs purchased by Corel

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by me, Jan 7, 2012.

  1. me

    me Guest

    me, Jan 7, 2012

  2. me

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Sat, 07 Jan 2012 12:55:07 -0500, me <> wrote:
    : http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/01/06/corel-buys-bible
    :
    : Guess if I ever replace my D200/D300 I'll need to find a new raw
    : converter. Corel = hell where sw goes to first languish and then
    : die a slow death.

    Amazing what you learn in these newsgroups. I'd never heard of Bibble Labs and
    had no idea that Corel was still in business.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jan 8, 2012

  3. Robert Coe <> writes:

    > On Sat, 07 Jan 2012 12:55:07 -0500, me <> wrote:
    > : http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/01/06/corel-buys-bible
    > :
    > : Guess if I ever replace my D200/D300 I'll need to find a new raw
    > : converter. Corel = hell where sw goes to first languish and then
    > : die a slow death.
    >
    > Amazing what you learn in these newsgroups. I'd never heard of Bibble Labs and
    > had no idea that Corel was still in business.

    Bibble Pro is what got me into a fully-RAW workflow. It's amazingly
    fast, and very very good for semi-batch processing (it's easy to make
    settings on groups of photos, and then subgroups, and so forth, down to
    individual photos; this makes it easy to get "semi-custom" renderings,
    which is very useful for event photos and for that matter snapshots).
    --
    David Dyer-Bennet, ; http://dd-b.net/
    Dragaera: http://dragaera.info

    David Dyer-Bennet, Jan 8, 2012
  4. me

    me Guest

    On Sat, 07 Jan 2012 21:28:21 -0600, David Dyer-Bennet <>
    wrote:

    >Bibble Pro is what got me into a fully-RAW workflow. It's amazingly
    >fast, and very very good for semi-batch processing (it's easy to make
    >settings on groups of photos, and then subgroups, and so forth, down to
    >individual photos; this makes it easy to get "semi-custom" renderings,
    >which is very useful for event photos and for that matter snapshots).

    I'd started Nikon Capture then NX and PSCS2. Then I moved to Raw
    Shooter Essentials as that fit the needs of my workflow much better.
    When they got gobbled by Paintshop Pro which then went the to Corel to
    languish and die I looked at Capture One and Bibble. THere was an
    annoying issue of Capture One not deleting files but sending it to the
    Recycle Bin under 64-bit XP, so I tried Bibble4. I loved it and even
    though have a free upgrade to B5, I stuck with B4. Now it's going the
    way of RSE.

    me, Jan 8, 2012
  5. On 1/8/12 PDT 10:01 AM, Graham wrote:
    > On Sun, 08 Jan 2012 12:49:39 -0500, me,
    > <news:> expounded this
    > theory:
    >
    >> I'd started Nikon Capture then NX and PSCS2. Then I moved to Raw
    >> Shooter Essentials as that fit the needs of my workflow much better.
    >> When they got gobbled by Paintshop Pro which then went the to Corel to
    >> languish and die I looked at Capture One and Bibble. THere was an
    >> annoying issue of Capture One not deleting files but sending it to the
    >> Recycle Bin under 64-bit XP, so I tried Bibble4. I loved it and even
    >> though have a free upgrade to B5, I stuck with B4. Now it's going the
    >> way of RSE.

    > Raw Shooter Essentials (Pixmantec) was taken over by Adobe and
    > incorporated into Lightroom.

    Yes, rather the Rolls Royce of RAW processor-catalogers.

    John McWilliams, Jan 9, 2012
  6. Alfred Molon <> writes:

    > In article <>, David Dyer-Bennet says...
    >> Bibble Pro is what got me into a fully-RAW workflow. It's amazingly
    >> fast, and very very good for semi-batch processing (it's easy to make
    >> settings on groups of photos, and then subgroups, and so forth, down to
    >> individual photos; this makes it easy to get "semi-custom" renderings,
    >> which is very useful for event photos and for that matter snapshots).

    > I gave a try to it, tried to love it and ended up not using it. Perhaps
    > I didn't understand how it works, or perhaps the user interface is not
    > self-explaining.

    Or perhaps your needs, or your preferences, differ from mine. "Think of
    the price of oatmeal."

    David Dyer-Bennet, Jan 9, 2012
  7. me

    me Guest

    On Sun, 8 Jan 2012 18:01:58 +0000, Graham <>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 08 Jan 2012 12:49:39 -0500, me,
    ><news:> expounded this
    >theory:
    >
    >> I'd started Nikon Capture then NX and PSCS2. Then I moved to Raw
    >> Shooter Essentials as that fit the needs of my workflow much better.
    >> When they got gobbled by Paintshop Pro which then went the to Corel to
    >> languish and die I looked at Capture One and Bibble. THere was an
    >> annoying issue of Capture One not deleting files but sending it to the
    >> Recycle Bin under 64-bit XP, so I tried Bibble4. I loved it and even
    >> though have a free upgrade to B5, I stuck with B4. Now it's going the
    >> way of RSE.

    >Raw Shooter Essentials (Pixmantec) was taken over by Adobe and
    >incorporated into Lightroom.

    My bad. I guess I merged the bundled with PSP which at some point was
    then bought by Corel (either before or after, matters not now) and
    then bought by Adobe into Corel buying it.

    me, Jan 9, 2012