bgp soft reconfig

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by SysAdm, Nov 28, 2004.

  1. SysAdm

    SysAdm Guest

    im busy in the lab, and have noticed something strange when trying to alter
    metrics in a route map and issue a soft reconfig.

    basically, the bgp process is not updating...

    I issue a: #clear ip bgp x.x.x.x soft out

    but nothing on the either peer, also a sh ip bgp indicates that the local
    process hasnt updated with the new metric either.

    code on all machines are 12.2(24)

    at the moment, the only way I can get the new metric into the process is to
    hard boot the bgp process (which I dont like doing in production).

    anyone care to help ?

    cheers
    SysAdm

    SysAdm, Nov 28, 2004