    If so I will be gratefull for any example.

    Regards,
    Jarek

    Jarek Jarzebowski, Sep 5, 2006

  2. Jarek Jarzebowski wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have cisco router connected with BGP to 3 peers. Is it possible to use
    > route-map that will choose (set up) route to specific peer depending on
    > source or destination ip address?
    >
    > If so I will be gratefull for any example.

    Hi,

    sure it is. It's called policy or source-based-routing. You may apply a
    route-map to one or more of your interfaces like this:

    route-map Next-Hop-XY permit 5
    match ip address 50 // access-list
    set ip next-hop a.b.c.d // the bgp peer's IP-address

    Then you just assign the route-map to a specific interface like this:

    interface ethernet 1/1
    port-name ABC
    ip address ...
    ip policy route-map Next-Hop-XY

    But be careful with that: when the specified peer is down, the source IP
    will loose worldwide ip-connectivity.

    Best regards,
    Nicolaj Kamensek

    Nicolaj Kamensek, Sep 6, 2006

  3. On 2006-09-06 05:09 Nicolaj Kamensek wrote:
    > Jarek Jarzebowski wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I have cisco router connected with BGP to 3 peers. Is it possible to
    >> use route-map that will choose (set up) route to specific peer
    >> depending on source or destination ip address?
    >>
    >> If so I will be gratefull for any example.

    > Hi,
    >
    > sure it is. It's called policy or source-based-routing. You may apply a
    > route-map to one or more of your interfaces like this:
    >
    > route-map Next-Hop-XY permit 5
    > match ip address 50 // access-list
    > set ip next-hop a.b.c.d // the bgp peer's IP-address
    >

    > Then you just assign the route-map to a specific interface like this:
    >
    > interface ethernet 1/1
    > port-name ABC
    > ip address ...
    > ip policy route-map Next-Hop-XY
    >

    > But be careful with that: when the specified peer is down, the source IP
    > will loose worldwide ip-connectivity.
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Nicolaj Kamensek

    Hi Nicolaj,

    thanks for explanations. Now all is clear for me.

    Jarek

    Jarek Jarzebowski, Sep 6, 2006