    disconnect them using the "disconnect" command, but it didn't work.
    I've also tried setting the "exec-timeout" to 1 minute, but they are
    still connected. Can anybody help?
    Adam Landas, Mar 23, 2005

  2. On 24.03.2005 00:40 Adam Landas wrote

    > Also, I've got some stall connections to my Cat. I've tried to
    > disconnect them using the "disconnect" command, but it didn't work.
    > I've also tried setting the "exec-timeout" to 1 minute, but they are
    > still connected. Can anybody help?

    If you are running CatOs try

    sw003> (enable) clear tcp ?
    synlist Clear TCP Open SYN Received list
    estlist Clear TCP Current Established list
    tcplist Drop ALL TCP Connections!!!!

    the 2nd one (estlist). That did the trick on one of my switches running
    CatOS 8.3(1)

    Arnold
    --
    Arnold Nipper, AN45
    Arnold Nipper, Mar 24, 2005

  3. Adam Landas

    Ivan Ostreš Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Hello,
    > I'm setting up multi-homing on one of my catalyst, My question is,
    > what's the easiest way to send say 75% of or traffic to peer1 and the
    > other 25% to peer2?

    Since you specified in subject "Med" word I can assume that you meant
    about incoming traffic. First, you should be aware that if you're
    connected to two different ISP's, then MED won't do much for you since
    no ISP will adverise your MED outside of their own AS. If you're
    multihomed to the same ISP, then MED could have some influence, but not
    very significant.

    You could play with AS path prepending to get some traffic balance but
    it is not an exact method at all. The thing I mean by this is that
    results you achive today maybe won't be the same tommorow when something
    (routing policy) changes on ANY AS on the Internet you talk to...

    If you have more than one /24 blocks under your ASN, then you would have
    some more space to play with traffic balancing.

    --
    -Ivan.

    Ivan Ostreš, Mar 24, 2005
  4. Adam Landas

    Adam Landas Guest

    Actually, I wanted to know how to send traffic in proportions, sorry
    for the confusion. We are using two different bandwidth providers, one
    cheaper then the other, I wanted to ensure that it wasn't a 50/50,
    more like a 25/75....

    Adam Landas, Mar 25, 2005
  5. Adam Landas

    Ivan Ostreš Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Actually, I wanted to know how to send traffic in proportions, sorry
    > for the confusion. We are using two different bandwidth providers, one
    > cheaper then the other, I wanted to ensure that it wasn't a 50/50,
    > more like a 25/75....

    Again, I have to state that if you send traffic trough one ISP, it
    doesn't mean that it will come back (at least reply to that traffic)
    trough the same ISP.

    If you really want to control just "sending", then you could do it in
    multiple ways.

    If you accept full routes from the both of the providers, just put
    higher weight (or local preference or shorter AS prepending) to "most"
    of the routes you get from cheapest provider. I've said "most" because
    you'll have to play a little to get wanted ratio.

    If you want just second ISP as failover, then you could just accept
    default routes from both of the providers and the route from the
    cheapest make more significant than the one that comes from other ISP.

    There's a lot of ways to do this. Of course, YMMV.

    --
    -Ivan.

    Ivan Ostreš, Mar 25, 2005