    Do most of you that are BGP multihomed have a maintainter address in
    the database? And is that a recommended practice?

    Thanks to all.

    Mystral Mass?, Sep 3, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    (Mystral Mass?) wrote:

    > Here is a quesetion for all the BGP Gurus out there.
    > What is the purpose of having our AS in the RADB database. We have a
    > yearly recuring cost to maitain our AS in their database.
    > Do most of you that are BGP multihomed have a maintainter address in
    > the database? And is that a recommended practice?

    When I was at Genuity, it was more common for customers to let one of
    their providers act as the maintainer for their route objects.

    --
    Barry Margolin,
    Arlington, MA

    Barry Margolin, Sep 4, 2004

  3. Mystral Mass?

    Ivan Ostres Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > In article <>,
    > (Mystral Mass?) wrote:
    >
    > > Here is a quesetion for all the BGP Gurus out there.
    > > What is the purpose of having our AS in the RADB database. We have a
    > > yearly recuring cost to maitain our AS in their database.
    > > Do most of you that are BGP multihomed have a maintainter address in
    > > the database? And is that a recommended practice?

    > When I was at Genuity, it was more common for customers to let one of
    > their providers act as the maintainer for their route objects.

    Barry, since ISPs where I live don't do that, what do you actually get
    using such maintainer service?

    --
    -Ivan.

    Ivan Ostres, Sep 4, 2004
  4. In article <>,
    Ivan Ostres <> wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > In article <>,
    > > (Mystral Mass?) wrote:
    > >
    > > > Here is a quesetion for all the BGP Gurus out there.
    > > > What is the purpose of having our AS in the RADB database. We have a
    > > > yearly recuring cost to maitain our AS in their database.
    > > > Do most of you that are BGP multihomed have a maintainter address in
    > > > the database? And is that a recommended practice?

    > > When I was at Genuity, it was more common for customers to let one of
    > > their providers act as the maintainer for their route objects.
    > >

    > Barry, since ISPs where I live don't do that, what do you actually get
    > using such maintainer service?

    Some ISPs use the RADB to configure their routing filters; if you don't
    register a route object, you may not be able to reach those ISPs if your
    connection to the ISP whose address block yours comes from goes down.

    --
    Barry Margolin,
    Arlington, MA

    Barry Margolin, Sep 4, 2004