BGP filtering question

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Spuds, Jul 17, 2003.

  1. Spuds

    Spuds Guest

    Hi, I am quite new to BGP and I am configuring two sites to connect to
    an MPLS network that requires the use of BGP.

    The two sites I am connecting to this MPLS network are already
    connected to each other via a high speed ATM network. Lets call them
    Site A and Site B.
    There are several other sites on this ATM network and I am currenty
    using EIGRP as the routing protocol on this ATM network.

    The routers in Site A and B will be running EIGRP and BGP. To simplify
    things I would like to use the same ASN (65000) at both sites that
    connect to the MPLS network. This can be done because the provider has
    enabled the ASN override feature.

    The prefered network to use between the two sites is the ATM network
    since it is much faster. I would like to prevent routing loops and
    also force the use of the ATM network between Site A and Site B.
    I will be configuring route-maps on each router to advertise into the
    BGP network.

    On the router in Site A running BGP, how can I block routes advertised
    into BGP by the router in Site B and vice-verse.
    Essentially I would like Router A to discard all BGP routes destined
    to router B without having to define a static distribute-list in (or
    something similar)

    Router A BGP config:

    router bgp 65000
    no synchronization
    bgp log-neighbor-changes
    network 10.10.10.0 mask 255.255.255.0
    redistribute static
    redistribute eigrp 100 route-map eigrp-to-bgp
    neighbor 10.99.99.99 remote-as 13979
    no auto-summary

    Router B BGP config:

    router bgp 65000
    no synchronization
    bgp log-neighbor-changes
    network 10.10.11.0 mask 255.255.255.0
    redistribute static
    redistribute eigrp 100 route-map eigrp-to-bgp
    neighbor 10.99.99.77 remote-as 13979
    no auto-summary
    Spuds, Jul 17, 2003