BGP Conditional advertisement with Community attributes

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by qamar, Sep 15, 2009.

1. qamar

qamar

Hi every body,

First time i am posting any question here although i have been regular viewer of this forum and find it very help.

My question is related to BGP, we are multi-homed to two uplink carriers and advertisting IP classes to both carriers (suppose A and B), certain classes advertised to uplink carrier A are advertised to uplink carrier B also with no-export community and in the same way classes advertised to B are also advertised to A with no-export community for optimal routing.

I want to acheive a certain auto-failover scenario that if our connectivity with carrier A loses than carrier A classes advertised to B with no-export community should automatically start advertising A prefixes without no-export community so that prefixes of carrier A be reachable through carrier B in global routing table and vice versa i.e advertisement of carrier B classes through A without no-export community

I want this to be done through IOS features and not through human intervention, i have tested it through BGP conditional advertisement (advertise-map, exist-map, non-exist-map) but couldnt achieve the desired result.

I will appreciate if some one could help me in this regard.

Thanks , Qamar Zia

qamar, Sep 15, 2009
    1. Advertising